Xmas get together - 23 December

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

97gpx
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by 97gpx »

Guys, sorry to say I won't be there.

I have had a a fair few things go on over the last couple of months, and I have moved to the country for work. Part of the new job includes a 380 to drive, no where near as much fun to drive, but what can you do. So the FTO was sold last week. Told the new owners about the club, so hopefully you will see them about

Thanks for everything

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Kevin
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,97GPX-spc-FTO.png[/img][/url]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Hey Kev, sorry to hear you sold your FTO, but congratz on the new job. Hope all goes well for you. See you around :D

For those that turned up today, thanx. Was only a short drive, but fun none the less :D

Your car looks heaps better with the mags Stew.

And good to see you again Shaun. (even if it was in a Subaru lol)
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Thanks heaps - i like em much better too :D

Its good to be back anyway. Yes awesome cruse.. a quick, VERY QUICK drive through the hills... till the vans come in full FORCE! lol .. but it was good coz it gave me an opportunity catch you's and for Naomi to hold her stomach down lol :lol:

but yes look froward to the February cruse :D
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Good to hear from you Kevin.
Sorry to hear about you parting with your FTO, but you could do plenty worse than buzzing around in a 380...
Congrats on the new job too.

That was a nice little buzz through the hills. I'll bring a bucket for you next cruise Naomi... LOL.

Good to catch up with those who came in this hectic time of year.

Only got a couple of happy snaps this time...

The Ferrari that kept us company for a bit. Mmmmm.

Stewart's new look. Nice choice on the rims mate. And that is a different grille to the photo's I've got of your car previously. Good work.

Shaun's new toy:

Group shot:

Lookin forward to the next one.

Trav.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Yes, it was good fun indeed to catch up, albeit only briefly. Also nice to take the new toy for a spin through the hills and get to know it a bit better, as we had picked it up less than 24 hours before!! Tough initiation...

Couple of things it highlights though.
1. Those Geolander tyres are pretty rubbish, especially in tight slow corners. They then become tight, very slow corners
2. The torque in that thing is amazing. Basically didnt bother changing gear for the run back, just kept it in 3rd and it looked after the rest.
3. It is noticably (but not massively) quicker than an FTO in a straight line, even more so if it is going up hill.
4. The FTO is in a different league when it comes to handling though. Jumped back in it (the FTO) when we got home to go and get something from Bunnings, and it's like a Go-Kart compared to that.

However, we didn't buy it for that reason and it really pushes different buttons. The forester xt, stock with dodgy tyres, is about 7/10ths as good as the F in the twisty stuff (possibly closer with familiarity), but it does it without all the noise, roughness, or fuss. It just strokes along and devours the miles. Can carry 4-5 people in comfort, with dogs in the boot, while towing a trailer and with (say) a kayak on the roof. The perfect 2 car family then?? ;)

Having said that, back in the FTO for the next cruise, then I will be up pushing Trav and Steve :). It's about time you guys upgraded your brakes!!! Seriously!!

Anyhow, hope everyone ha a fantastic xmas and new years, and we will catch up again in January. :D