NVDFTO car audio install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvdfto
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NVDFTO car audio install

Post by nvdfto »

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic AVIC-HD3
Front speakers: Soundstream Tarantula series 6" splits
Rear speakers: Soundstream Tarantula series 6x9
Subs: 2x Soundstream Reference series 12"
4ch Amp: Soundstream Tarantula series TRA680.4
Mono Block: Soundstream Tarantula theme TARANTULA BLOCK
Capacitor: Soundstream 20 farad digital hybrid super cap

project took me 3 months to get the complete system. but it was made out of MDF. Now im just gonna rebuild the boot for the sub n amps. this time its gonna b in firbreglass. once done pics will n posted up.
Let the tunes decide
.:[Bosch Australia Automotive Department]:.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

where are you in melbourne mateim thinking of upgrading my system slightly or putting a ps2 slimsline in it haha im in northcote/thornbury area what about you?
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

im in the springvale area but work in mitcham Garys car radio
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ah kk i was gonna say if you need a hand bu haha u don't u work at GCR (btw are they a ripoff lol?the store nest to me the preston store seems a bit pricey what do you think lol)?
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

if u want something go find out what u need and then tell what u want and then i'll fix u up with a beta deal.
with the sound stream stuff is what i recommend but for good deals i can proberly give u a better discount then what the preston store can give ya.
only reason is coz now im part of the forum i done really want u guys to go off to somewhere where they will rip the living crap outa ya.
Let the tunes decide
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ah kk,could GCR install a slimlinePS2 in teh fto at all lol? how much would i be up for to do this?
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

ahhh ps2 into fto u'll need a converter as well. in this case your gonna spend something around 200-400 mark. coz its a custom work also takes up a lot of time.
i'll ask my manager abt it n see what he says abt it. and give u a reply tm night.
u'll also need vid out n vid in on the DVD player etc..
so really pending on what u have already installed.

my point of view:
i rkn the the slim line ps2 really looks good but its hard to find a good place to mount it.
i perfer the old phat PS2 where u can mount it anywhere n jus have a small little space where u can push the eject button n cd comes out.
so think twice before u mount it where u want it to be.
Let the tunes decide
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

alright thanks a lot mate lucky i havnt bought a ps2 yet but yea your right the bigger one would be more handy alright thanks let me know if i could supply the ps2 could you guys supple an do the rest lol?
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

what do u have now give me a quick run down on it and i'll work like a whole package deal or what needs to b filled up on the way etc..

cheers
Let the tunes decide
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

mate oyur a legend id try foing this mself but i dont have the balls. Ok ill have a ps2 and a 7inch screen woth a video in we can tap teh audio in to my head uni cant we? what else will i need to get it done i was thinking of mounting the ps2 is it possibel above the glove box or take out the glove box and put it where the glove box is o udner it and the screen id love the idea of it in the dashh or somewhere what do ya think?man i hsulda ocme and seen u at autosalon talked to u about all this lol damn it ah well all gud.
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

ahhh it depends on what head unit u have. if its a dvd HU then u can do it.
what abt speakers amp n sub u got any coz i can make a deal on it n proberly wont cost u as much as jus the ps2 install
JulesD
Apprentice

Post by JulesD »

dude just put the power supply for the ps2 under the passenger seat and and run it through the centre console to the cig lighter.. and put the slimline ps2 under the seat aswerll and put on there with velcro so if u want to take it out u just unplug it and away u go.. thats what i did.. so simple and and cheap.. but i do have a double din dvd player.. makes it easier for me..
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

theres heaps of ways for mounting it its jus where the owner of the car like to mount it. im a audio fitter n also do custom work so if customers happy im happy. =]
cant go wrong when one of my show car won 2 tropheys at auto salon this yr.
makes me proud
Let the tunes decide
JulesD
Apprentice

Post by JulesD »

im just putting other options out there.. u know like trying to help him saver as much money as he can.. if he wants a custom job thats fine..

ps2 are pretty damn fun in the car.. especially trying to play guitar her lol :lol:
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ahah tnaks jiules, so do you just get a power adapter and plug it in to the ciggarette lighter? is tehre any other way to hide teh cables? does this put a massive strain on the battery and alternator or is it the same as having my system full blast?
anyone suggest some suitabel screens i was looking on ebay for some el cheapo 7 inch screens watchya think?
JulesD
Apprentice

Post by JulesD »

go to jaycar and by the adapter.. u may need some extra cable for the adapter..

if u can take out your centre console.. and if you can wire things then try and wire the adapter to the back of the cig lighter and put a switch on it swell so its not running all the time.. and u can still use your cig lighter for other things..
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

u really got me confused there julesD

ok AMACHA i asked already n yeh 250 to install it with everything supplied assume`n u got ps2 n screen ready.
we will supply inverter and do the fitting to your requirements.
so have a think abt it BUT wateva u do dont go to preston store coz its gonna cos u more there even if we call up the preston store n say rar rar rar your come`n in for an install its still gonna b higher than urs coz we jus do more installs n custom work compared to all Gary car radio stores.
Let the tunes decide
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ok sounds good so i supple the ps2 and a screen say 7 inch what do you think is best 7 inch? and then thats it form my end i pay 250 and thats it all done yea?Will this put a massive strain on my car battery and alternator or is it the same has having my two amps going full bore.
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

nah no strain if u dont have a screen we can do a deal on it as well then proberly work out even more cheaper coz then its consider as a package.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ok and now for the econd part of my quesiton about the strain on the battery and the alternator..