MAF SENSOR

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MAF SENSOR

Post by I8A4RE »

I am lead to believe that the MAF sensor will not hold up to the pressure of a turbo, therefore i need an ECU that comes with its own MAP sensor is this correct?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Re: MAF SENSOR

Post by fto617 »

I8AFRE wrote:I am lead to believe that the MAF sensor will not hold up to the pressure of a turbo, therefore i need an ECU that comes with its own MAP sensor is this correct?
u can solve that problem by using apexi PFC
it runs MAP sensor
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i got the emanage one.... u can get a map sensor for the emanage for like $50
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

My microtec LT-10s doesnt need one...

And a few others dont too...

In regards to tuning, your best talking to a tuner and getting their recomendations...

If you want to talk to my tuner let me know...

I will be going down to see him on monday to pick up the FTO.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FtoSam wrote:My microtec LT-10s doesnt need one...

And a few others dont too...

In regards to tuning, your best talking to a tuner and getting their recomendations...

I will be going down to see him on monday to pick up the FTO.
yeah talk to your tuner.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yes sam love to talk to your tuner. let me know what time you are going and ill see if i can get the time off workl.

Yeah cause i want to get rid of maf sensor.

With the emenage there are some on ebay but they advertise Trust Greddy Emanage Piggy Back ECU suit ECR33. R33 im guessing meaning skyline??? So do i need to worry about what its suited to???? (eg are there differnet emanges for differeent makes and models of cars)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:

yes sam love to talk to your tuner. let me know what time you are going and ill see if i can get the time off workl.

Yeah cause i want to get rid of maf sensor.

With the emenage there are some on ebay but they advertise Trust Greddy Emanage Piggy Back ECU suit ECR33. R33 im guessing meaning Big Ugly Soap Box Racer??? So do i need to worry about what its suited to???? (eg are there differnet emanges for differeent makes and models of cars)
piggy packs are generic. Unless they are selling a specific harness which I have seen a few people do these days. But more for the ECR33.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

But more for the ECR33.[/quote

???? Sorry dont understand. wats ECR33
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

ECR33 being sky.line R33. I'm guessing meaning the harness would be for an R33 if it's not generic. a lot of sky.line piggy backs seem to come with specific harnesses to plug and play in sky.lines in my experience. At least a lot more than FTO's. I
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

So in this case if i purchased the emanage i would need to buy a generic harness??
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:So in this case if i purchased the emanage i would need to buy a generic harness??
yes the genric harness is the one you will buy normally. popular cars have specific harness' avaliable, by 3rd paties

You need to look at which harnesses you need. There will be at least two as I assume you looking at it for more than just basic AFRs. In that case you need the injector harness also.

If your going turbo, go the Ultimate - a lot more functions and seen some great results from it.

Use google if your doing research, quick serach and the first link : http://www.importscene.com.au/prod663.htm
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah i have been using google and have already checked that site out. i was just looking at buying one second hand thats all. I must admit though i am a bit sceptical about buying one second hand. imight just pay the extra couple of hundred and get a new one with warranty. Thanks for your help khunjeng much appreciated