Rear seats and soundproofing

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

RK1-WhiteKnight
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by RK1-WhiteKnight »

Hey everyone, thought I'd better update this

Ive dynamated the trunk and am only getting about quarter of the noise I was getting, and if I turn the subs around I get half that amount but it looks like ass so I'm going to make up a new box, thinking of using perspex with a galv frame

I couldnt find any other rear seats that would fit it so unless I get something custom made ill just have to crank the bass up more lol

Also does anyone know where I can get plain vinyl sheets from in NZ, I want to cover up the dynamat on the lid cos it looks nasty
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

can you just spray paint the dynamat before you put it on the boot lid? like a flat black or something?
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

hey rk1-

http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz/index.php

nz site with loads of ice niceness.

I am about to ice my wifes fto. what kind of box are you running? whats it tuned to?(if ported). i think you'll find a well designed box will make a world of difference. imho sound deadening is a must if your running anything decent. nothing worse than seeing a nice car with ice that rattles like a vibrator through every panel when it hits a bass note. Personally im a "sound up front" man so i'll be pulling the rears to allow airflow from the boot into the cabin. did this on the wifes mx6. worked well. experience has taught me 95% of the time subs sound better with the box mounted hard against the back seat with the sub firing to the rear of the car. with a 4 channel amp you could consider running active up front.
RK1-WhiteKnight
Apprentice

The paint would probably crack off because the dynamat is designed to stretch and move. Plus getting paint to stick on to the aluminium surface would be a mission. I'm going to get a thin piece of rubber mat from para rubber or something and get a sheet of vinyl from a car upholsterers some where because this is what it looks like at the moment...

I'm currently running...

Head unit - Panasonic CQ-5403W, looks like arse but is packed full of features such as 3 sets of 6v preouts :D

Speakers
Infinity Kappa series fronts and rears, amazing quality for the price and stealthily hidden under standard covers

In the boot

Panasonic CY-PA4003W amp to power speakers

Two Panasonic CY-PAD1003W mono block amps to power subs

BMW 1.5 farad capacitor

Two Rockford fosgate P2 subs, which I am putting on trademe soon and upgrading to most likely two Alpine Type-S subs. Il turn the box around permanently after those have gone in.

I tried taking out the 6x9s but it made very no difference what so ever. The FTO is by far the worst I've heard and seen for rattling
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

that looks sweet... :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
RK1-WhiteKnight
Apprentice

I also just found, and orderd, this...
https://www.onlinecaraudio.co.nz/index. ... ony-gmd700
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

get a thin piece of MDF, cut to the shape of your bootlid, cover it in some vinyl & put it up in the spot cover the dynamat.. will link pics later