engine bay detailing

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EURO
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

engine bay detailing

Post by EURO »

Hi guys, just wondering how many of you have bothered to clean your engine bay.

All the imports i have seen arrived with realli dirty engine bays. I want to clean the bonnet (underside) but mainly all the areas around the engine and particularly the area just above the mivec box (e.g. all the metal piping). I was orginally going to get a detailer to steam clean the area but was told to be careful as the steam can condensate in wiring plugs/cracks etc and cause a lot of hassles.

I was able to get a lot of the dirt off quite easily around the engine, but anyone know how i can polish up the steal piping etc around the engine? or in the areas my hands dont reach

thanks
GDA
Apprentice

Post by GDA »

If you want to clean up the gunk on underside of the bonnet I recomend that you use T-cut (suited to your colour). If you use normal detergent it won't work, with the t-cut the gunk is cut along with oxidised paint, takes approximately 30 minutes to do a proper job. For the polishing of the aluminum piping loacted along the fire wall you just need to use metal polisher and a cloth (very easy job). But for the inlet maifold you have to use the metal polisher and sand paper, this takes ages (approx 6-8 hours), I recomend that you get a pro to do it (about $400). Don't go throug the hassle that I went through. Hope that helps.