PROJECT MY F70... Build up Thread

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

PROJECT MY F70... Build up Thread

Post by FtoSam »

This is taken from another forum i frequent... They have a section for build ups...
Ben, Could we get a project car section?? Sort of a work log thing?

Okay, This is the story behind my car.. And how it got to where it is today.
I bought my car in August 2005 in Sydney from a lady driver after I had wanted one since I was 15. Something about them… The style… They looked like I had always wanted a sports car to look. They were quicker than my previous cars. But most of all… They were individual. A rare car that not many people owned. A real rarity. Less common than any other import. And with a perfect price tag of $10.5k it was right in my price range.

STOCK:

So I drove it home from Sydney. It was amazing. So comfortable. Such a joy to corner.. It felt unreal. It wasn’t as fast as my old mans club sport or my mates SR20 Silvias. But it felt like a car should drive. I was hooked. Away went inspirations of owning anything else. I was hooked for life.

So the next day I put my twin exhaust on it.. Beautiful. Complimented the car perfectly. Next up, Strut brace for some better handling and an air intake for easier breathing. Then 4000Wrms of subs in the boot to give me the shakes.

The car stayed that way until Janurary 2006 when the engine shot 2 conrods out the block halfway to QLD. So it was towed the rest of the way to its new home in the sunshine state. After sitting for 2 months I finally got the new engine put in. It ran well. But I wanted faster after seeing my first 6a13 FTO. The owner, Jeff, took me for a spin and I wanted mine to loose traction at 100km/h too...

So in June 06 I started doing some more things. First an alarm, Then a carbon fibre vented bonnet, Then I got some leatherette seats. I also installed my own massagers into the seats. These have been a massive success and are very unique. I also custom tinted my tail lights So as to appear solid black when off, but show up circles of light when lit. I also modified the air intake for better flow, had the exhaust sized up to 2.5â€

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah good idea sam ill will add me car when if this section goes ahead
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...