REVIEW - Vic Mini Meet 1st Feb

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

REVIEW - Vic Mini Meet 1st Feb

Post by GPXXX »

Despite the gloomy Melbourne weather, it was fantastic to see everyone again, both the old-schoolers and felow new members... Certainly an impressive turnout indeed! Big thumbs up to the fresh faces who showed up to the meet - we hope you enjoyed the company / mini-cruise.

Must never forget a big thanks to Kevin for providing ample secure parking for our beloved machines ... ;)

oh yeah and big thanks to Toni as well for leading the adhoc mini-cruise through the bay (and stumbling into bumper traffic due to the *~delightful!~* & lesbian festival) hehehe... Hope y'all made it out of there alive...

Looking forward to some of the photos taken today and to our upcoming charity cruise on the 29th Feb so stay tuned for that one!

Stay beautiful ppls! :D

ps: Sorry I had to bail out midway through our mini cruise, my tank was running low and I had a family dinner to attend... Oh and Eric - leave the crotch-rocket at home next time! :P
Last edited by GPXXX on Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I either need to lose some weight or get the car serviced (probably both) as on the way home I dragged Supplanter (James) off at around half-a-dozen sets of lights and he beat me all but once.

hmmm... thought to self, put driver on diet and the laden weight of the car could drop by 20kg! :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok ppl, i've just post up some pics! enjoy :wink:

Jun, if u came, u would of met those new "FTO member" at the Blue Room! heehehe ok i think only those person who sat at the same table as me would understand this :twisted:

Ohhhh & very very sorry for the poor person that i drop the fork & knife on his head.......... :oops:

http://public.fotki.com/KevL/mini_meet_at_my/
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

ruchi wrote:I either need to lose some weight or get the car serviced (probably both) as on the way home I dragged Supplanter (James) off at around half-a-dozen sets of lights and he beat me all but once.

hmmm... thought to self, put driver on diet and the laden weight of the car could drop by 20kg! :?
Should I mention I wasn't trying... nah, wouldn't want to rub it in.
LED ALL the things.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Supplanter wrote:Should I mention I wasn't trying... nah, wouldn't want to rub it in.
I'm not falling for that one, I heard the wheelspin! :twisted:
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

It was a fantastic turn out. Now all we need is all the cars that were there today, to come along to future cruises. The once a month mini meet sounds like a great idea!! Cant wait to go to Phillip Island!!
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Ah Ruchi youre not fat,just um pleasantly rounded! :roll: Great catching up with you guys/gals yet another highly succesfull event,onya o4u2nv oh i mean Mikey! cant wait for the next one. Thanx ruchi for the computer tips ill give them a go, oh and just kidding mate :wink:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Hey, no need to be polite, I know I'm 20kg over my ideal weight! :cry:

Will work on getting in better shape this year. :D

Perhaps inline with the charity idea, we could have a "sponsor a fat FTO driver" and for every kilo we lose we can add that money to the charity money we get from the cruises :P

Then I'll drag Supplanter again, and beat him! :twisted:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Maybe your pod filter is making you lose power... sounds amazing though.

I did get my car serviced this week, a full engine of Motul could have helped too.
LED ALL the things.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

:roll: What are the chances of running into the madi gras on a sunday I thought they went to church on sundays, to pray for the um much loved sins he he ... Anyway good to catch up with everyone and MIkey I guess I'll bring the P.A system from work and well maybe even the boardroom table for the next meet or oh well what the heck we will just have to use my dinning table and BBQ at my house then go over the road and play some pool!!
Can't wait for the Leap Year event to Phillip Island will see all you guys there.

P.S We have a new technical director on the forums ... you know who you are !
:wink:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

sxcfto wrote:P.S We have a new technical director on the forums ... you know who you are !
:wink:
more titles! :roll: This is beginning to look like middle management. So what exactly does a "technical director" do? :?:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Technical director of talking sh*t?? haahahahahahahaha hey Mikey any chance of changing my title now?? hahahahahaha :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
jester
Grease Monkey

Great meet!

Post by jester »

hey peeps :) :)

It was great for meet all u guys for the first time - nice to put a face to the a name! :o

Cars looked all line up- next time we HAVE to take them for a cruise!

Phillip island sounds like a realy good idea! look forward to it!

Hope 2 see u guys again!

Oh & mikey a thanx for your thoughts bout my pod! :)
jester
Grease Monkey

opps

Post by jester »

Opps! :?

excuse my terrible english on the last post! i wrote it in a hurry!!

What i meant to say was that it was nice to put a face to a name!

and the Cars looked mad all lined up!!

heh sorry! :oops:
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Thanks a lot Ruchi for letting us meet at your joint for the micro cruise before.

I had a great time and can’t wait till the Phillip Island cruise.

FTO autobahn :twisted:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:Technical director of talking sh*t?? haahahahahahahaha hey Mikey any chance of changing my title now?? hahahahahaha :twisted:
hehehe, don't tempt me... LOL :P
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

Post by JSP-INC »

Sorry guys...was kinda busy with other stuff yesterday.. :(
Hope y'all had fun anyways :)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

for those who missed out on our previous cruises/meets, have a quick glance below at what you missed out (courtesy of Piere aka nm30gv - thanks for the CD champ!)

1. Albert Park Meet & Club Photoshoot @ Lonely Planet HQ
Read the reviews HERE!

2. Club Photoshoot for HOT4s Magazine
Read the reviews HERE!

3. X-Mas BBQ & Cruise at Geelong -> Portsea -> Sorrento
<too many images to post :? >
Read the reviews HERE!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

For a mini-meet we sure had a good turnout.

To Supplanter (James), Black_FTOGPX (Joel) & MrDJ1234 (Rudi) I'd like to say thanks for catching up at my house first, having the micro-meet and then a mini-cruise to the mini-meet was kind of fun.

Well done to all the newbies who came along, and make sure you keep coming back. The more people we have the better it gets.

Mikey, you're a legend, keep up the good work! And I really like some of the charity ideas we discussed.

Here's some pics:

From the Micro-meet

From the Mini-meet

GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey, where are pics of my car last weekend??? :roll: LOL....