Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Clear Indicators

Post by Sparhawk »

This is only for Travis and Mel really.

Since Bennoz is sending our indicators from the group buy to me to distribute, I want to get them to you asap. He is posting them Monday, so they should be here Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. You wanna meet up one evening during the week to get them or wait till the weekend ?
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

I'd love to get my hands on em ASAP, but whatever works.

Bye bye Jaffas!!!

Let me know when they arrive and I'll organise, happy to come for the drive to pick em up, but can wait till the weekend if need be.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Aw yay! :D
I dont really mind whatever is easier for you guys. I can drive down there if ya want or will you be in the area anytime soon?
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Well, I dont have any plans to head in that way during the week. Ill let you know as soon as I receive them, and then we can sort out delivery. I have both your mobile numbers :)
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Looks like we might have to make it the weekend. Bennoz has been snowed under, so not posting till Wednesday :cry: , so, hopefully here by Friday <crosses>. Ill message you as soon as I get them. Ill be around this weekend anyway.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'll be able to get 'em away tomorrow, it'll be o'night courier so you should see the Thursday :) The Fergusson Bowl addy still current?
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Yes mate :D
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

:D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

They left yesterday, should be there today :D
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Got 'em, Thanx.

BTW, I love the way you spell my last name differently every time you send me stuff lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

hey spar i sent you a pm. :D
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Maybe the forum still isnt working 100%, cos i never got a PM :cry:

Sent you an SMS instead.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Forum is 100% now but we lost a little data.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Hey Travis... you know the Video stuff I ordered that I told you about ? Its here :D

You know what I hate though? I get the "package not delivered, waiting at post office" slip, and the post office is closed when I get home. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow to pick it up :cry:

Not too bad I guess... 11 days (including weekends) from order to delivery from the states...
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Sparhawk wrote:You know what I hate though? I get the "package not delivered, waiting at post office" slip, and the post office is closed when I get home. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow to pick it up :cry:
I can beat that. When I was waiting for my seat covers I wake up to find the slip in my mailbox 15 mins before they shut. Throw on some clothes and race down there so I'll have em for when I get home from work and they're closed...

So when's the "Test Steve's new toy" cruise on?
I downloaded that Hong Kong FTO owners video the other day and it's got me a bit enthused...

I reckon I'll have to get one too. My brother and I bought a couple of RC helicopters the other day and I reckon I could strap it up to that :twisted:
Now I just gotta learn how to fly the thing properly ;) ...
And fix up the brothers which dropped out of the sky from about 20 meters in the air at the hands of my nephew 8O

Surprisingly little damage done :lol:

Hmmm, that's an idea... Fly by on an FTO cruise... Hmmm...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

TCGPX wrote:So when's the "Test Steve's new toy" cruise on?
I downloaded that Hong Kong FTO owners video the other day and it's got me a bit enthused...

I reckon I'll have to get one too. My brother and I bought a couple of RC helicopters the other day and I reckon I could strap it up to that :twisted:
Now I just gotta learn how to fly the thing properly ;) ...
And fix up the brothers which dropped out of the sky from about 20 meters in the air at the hands of my nephew 8O

Surprisingly little damage done :lol:

Hmmm, that's an idea... Fly by on an FTO cruise... Hmmm...
Well, I need to find a way to mopunt it properly first. A little trial and error I think.
I tried a very basic mount (using the supplied velcro around my front bar, and it came up really jumpy. So i tried it again with some added foam, and its quite good. The only thing is, its looking down at the road a little too much. I need to mount it better though. I dont want to rely on the velcro anyway. Might try a bracket on the number plate Doofilacky <-- technical term for the thing the number plate bolts on to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdF9-SK1W-o
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Looking great! :D

Even the audio picks up the engine sounds really well too (not much MIVECin in there Steve, take it up to the redline you pansie :lol: )

Sounded like there's some high pitched noise in there (hard to tell with dodgy utube quality) probably caused by air rushing over the mic hole. A bit of very loose soft foam over the hole would fix that up a treat. (They used to have these foam sock type things on the mics of old over-the-shoulder type cameras that worked well.)

Good to see it's fairly wide angle too, perfect for this sorta thing. Gives a much better perception of speed being lower to the ground too.

Looks like it'll be perfect for cruise vids with a bit of fine tuning, nice find there Steve. Look forward to seeing more.

I gotta get me one of these...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Yeah, not sure what that high pitched noise is. I had some foam wedged under the front of the camera, which is where the mic is, and im pretty sure its not wind noise. I had it hanging off the side of my mirror originally, and wind noise is just white noise, as opposed to the whistle, meh, Ill experiment a little. I dont expect it to have a top quality mic anyway...
I have a plan to mount the camera on the number plate bracket, with foam etc. I'll get on to Shaun about the next cruise. Hope he can organise one (for old times sake lol) and then I can drive at the back of the group, and film :D
What software do you use for your video editing. I guess Ill need to look into that now...
As for not much MIVEC, well, it was the second run up that road, as the first time the video didnt work well, and I couldnt be stuffed pushing hard again, incase this time was the same lol. I promise when I get it mounted and Im happy with it, ill go for a hard run (staying within the boundaries of the law of course) The problem there is, you reach the 110 speed limit too fast, and only get a little mivec in anyway... :roll:
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

He he, there's always wrinkles to iron out with this sorta thing...

If it's a whistle, could be coming from the number plate or grille, something you wouldn't normally hear but is right next to the mic so it's picking it up.
As you said, trial and error will sort it out.

For video editing, I mainly use iMovie HD (Mac App) which is quite basic but does what I need it to most of the time and is so easy to use.
Best program I've used for blending music into movies too.
When I need something more advanced, I've got Final Cut Pro to play with.
Lets you do almost anything you can think of with video, but it's annoying cos you gotta render everything even to preview it, so I usually just edit a clip with FC Pro and then import it into iMovie.
Also just got my hands on Adobe After Effects so I'll put that through it's paces soon.

I'll let ya know what it's like to use.