RESPRAY CAR???

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO-NX
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

RESPRAY CAR???

Post by FTO-NX »

hey there guys im planning to do a respray of my car...i just want to know how much i would be looking...
i want to do a bright yellow or similar to a limited edition fto how much would i be looking...
is there any chance that i can pay only 1k to 1.5k hehe because thats the only budget that i have....hihi

and plus what places do u guys recomend (in sydney)

thanx....
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

If you want it done properly ie:door jams,engine bay,boot since your doing a colour change id say youd be looking at around$6000 to $7000 for a good 2 pack job. On your budget companies like respray 2000 or simular would be able to do the job on the outside of the car only. They will mask everything of and not take them off which is a bit rough and ready but you get what you pay for. If your going to stick to your budget best thing to do would be to respray the car the same colour. With a really good paint job ie:$6000 plus they would also rub the paint back with wet and dry by hand which gets rid of all the "orange peel" which gives even better gloss than straight 2 pack. Futher expense again if they stripped the car back to bare metal probably around $9000 or more! Also beware that once a car has been resprayed any existing damage ie: small dents in doors from other cars etc. will look even worse than before because the gloss from the new paint will highlight any imperfections.A cheap respray job wont include fixing any small dents etc. Personally wait and pay a bit more for a better job or else youll probably regret it. :lol:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah to respray the entire car the same colour you would be looking at around 2-2.5k, i jsut sprayed most of mine and it cost 1.5k that only inculded a door a skideskirt rear and front bumperand half the roof.
To respray a completly different colour you looking at 3.5k+ mainly because they need to remove a lot more parts.
What colour is your car now, i think you should use that money on something different like wheels or a bodykit, and also give the rest of your car a polish
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

painting is a real "you get what you pay for" business.

i think you should ask yourself why are you looking for a repsray? if its just stone chips there are guys who will come out and fix all that for you (about 400.00 for your front bar).

the money you want to spend won't get you a very good paint job so you need to consider that.

are you trying to fix imperfections in the paint? or is it from a dingle?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i would even doubt if you could get a decent 2-pak respray for half a car at $1.5K... unless you got yourself mate's rates, expect to pay $3500 upwards for a respray in orig. factory color (outside only, not incl door jams, boot & engine bay)
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

a proper respray in the same colour is bout $1500....colour change including doors and that sh*t, bar the engine bay is bout $3000.
$4000 including engine bay....
where did u guys get your sh*tty quotes from?????
FOULZ
FTO-NX
Apprentice

Post by FTO-NX »

thanx for the reply guys..
FOULZ do you know what shop can do a respray for a reasonable price..
thanx
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

yeah, what u want done and how much u wanna pay?
let me know and ill get u the best price and job too.
FOULZ
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

What ittty quote? Different panel beaters charge different rates for non insurance jobs. It also depends greatly how good the condition of the car is to begin with. Paint can vary a lot in price depending on type and brand (candy apple type paint work for example is much dearer and harder to apply).Cutting a paint job by hand with wet and dry is a very labour intensive job and would obviously cost more. A paint job like Markyboys fto would be very dear.I based my figures on worstcase scenario.Im no expert, just going on past experience with another car (10 years ago) and back then that cost me $6000 at mates rates doing a lot of the work myself.
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

yeah mate, i no my paint and i know some of sydneys best sprayers as well... but those prices are pretty sh*tty man....
dont get mad o nuttin, im just saying ive been in the show sceen for a few years now and ive even seen a $500 respray get best paint at a show..
FOULZ
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

:roll: