1st FTO QLD Cruise of 2008. 17th Feb (Last pages, No 56k)

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jakey106
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by jakey106 »

i agree its geting closer so we wil seattle for kingston. Where shoukd we meet
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

i don't give a f*ck where we go as long as we go somewhere ...

So far we still only have 7 people .. what happened to the rest of you guys? Rallymad, robsta, Bamas .. yang? still coming?

Seems like the website is down, so I can't find out any details about the group packages at the moment, but I'll call Kingston Park Raceway & set up a booking .. I'll book it in for 10 people in case we get a few more people signing on for this thing .. that way we might get a discount or better deals..

Sam, are you able to send out an email to everyone in your little black book to give em the heads up?

Does 10am on Sunday suit everyone?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

What day are we doing this again tomorrow or sunday, i thought it was tomorrow but the thread title says 17th. i know it got changed about a billion times but i cant be bothered looking back through :P
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

I8AFRE wrote:What day are we doing this again tomorrow or sunday, i thought it was tomorrow but the thread title says 17th. i know it got changed about a billion times but i cant be bothered looking back through :P
Sunday ;)

Jakey106, where are you staying, if u still want picking up we should leave at about 9.15
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

Just had a look on the Kingston website at the pricing.

if we want to use the biggest track (which is the only one worth going on) then the prices are as follows.

2 - 10 min sessions = $65
4 - 10 min sessions = $90
6 - 10 min sessions = $105

and the only kart available for this track is the best one which has a top speed of 90 km/h

for anyone who cbf looking on the website here's a layout of the track (blue one)

"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Sorry I won't be there all (Can't you read Mr Charisma, I'm pretty sure at least Rob and I have said why we can't make it ;) :lol: ) Have a great day all. I'm helping with the running of a car show up here so I won't make it. I'll try and post some pics maybe, for those that like old school and very tuff anyway.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

RallyMad wrote:Sorry I won't be there all (Can't you read Mr Charisma, I'm pretty sure at least Rob and I have said why we can't make it ;) :lol: ) Have a great day all. I'm helping with the running of a car show up here so I won't make it. I'll try and post some pics maybe, for those that like old school and very tuff anyway.
aye, np mate ..sorry, just couldn't be bothered reading through it all again :P all i knew was that it was postponed a bunch of times to try & include everyone, so wondering why there weren't more takers..
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

cause i'm lazy and want to die. nuff said?
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

maggsy wrote:
I8AFRE wrote:What day are we doing this again tomorrow or sunday, i thought it was tomorrow but the thread title says 17th. i know it got changed about a billion times but i cant be bothered looking back through :P
Sunday ;)

Jakey106, where are you staying, if you still want picking up we should leave at about 9.15
hey man yeah im stil up for a lift i am staying at the mariot resort
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kingston is in brissy right???? If so all gold coast ppl meet at coomera bp, theres a maccas there aswell if anyone needs breakky let me know what time to meet
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Kingston is in the Logan area ..
http://www.gokarts.com.au/index.php/kar ... togethere/

Directions to Kingston Park Raceway
From the Gold Coast

Travelling North on the Pacific Hwy (M1), Take the Logan Motorway (Exit 31), Exit 1Klm past Toll Gate (2nd Exit - Kingston-Beenleigh Rd - Logan Central), Turn Right @ Stop Sign (Station Rd), Turn Right @ Traffic Lights (Kingston Rd), then follow the signs. UBD Reference - Map 262/B2

From Brisbane

30 mins south, down the M1. Take Logan Motorway (Exit 31), Exit 1Klm past the Toll Gate (2nd Exit - Kingston-Beenleigh Rd - Logan Central), Turn Right @ Stop Sign (Station Rd), Turn Right @ Traffic Lights (Kingston Rd), then follow signs. UBD Reference - Map 262/B2.
From Ipswich

30 mins straight down the Logan Motorway and take the Kingston Road / Logan Central turn off. Follow the exit all the way to the traffic lights, then turn right into Kingston Road and follow signs.

Brisbane UBD 2006 Page 262 Map Ref B2.

Make sure you all lock up your pretty little FTO's while we're there ;)
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

hey maggsy here is my num its 0419010634 so i can tel u where to meet me and just msg me your num when u get the chance.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Not able to make any bookings .. they need to be made 7 days in advance, but they said that if we rock up at 10am when they open, we shouldn't have any problems getting in..
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

hey simon i'll meet you at Coomera BP at about 9.20 - 9.30.

i think that should give us time to get there.

unless you were planning on eating?

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah sounds good man ill probably be there a little early too eat :D
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

can someone summarise whats going on for me? havent been following the thread and i'm once again too drunk to bother to read through it all. :D
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

Michael what happened to you?

we were waiting for like 30 minutes for you to show up and we tried to call but you didn't answer.

was a good day. karting was excelent :D 8)

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Well here's a few pics from my day today....

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Some more pics.....

Last edited by FtoSam on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

gezz i am sore from the carts today and sun burnt. Thanx maggsy for picking us up and simon it was a good day pitty about the weather