Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Stolen Skyline- Auto Salon Staff Members Car

Post by Teania »

Message from Alisa Lan at Autosalon

Hi Everyone,

Well the New Year has started and so it seems have the thieves out there that have no respect for the pride and joy we get out of our modified cars.

If anyone has information relating to the whereabouts of this car or parts that maybe sold from it, we would appreciate hearing from you.
There were a lot of additional things in the vehicle including a passport and gaming consoles. You can remain anonymous if you wish as any information will be helpful.

The owner of this vehicle is an Auto Salon Staff Member, and as such the vehicle has been featured in numerous ASM tech articles.
The owner is also offering a monetary reward for information directly leading to the recovery of vehicle.

Details of the Vehicle

Stolen Location: Miranda Fair - Westfield's
Date: 15th January 2008
Time: Between 12:30 - 1:30pm
Car: Nissan Skyline R33 Series 1
Rego: AUK 07P
Colour: Black
Year: 1993
Identifying features: Damaged Bomex Front Bar, No rear seat, Offset Hiro 5 spoke wheels front (8.5") / back (10.5") in Shadow Chrome, Hankook Tyres, Large Intercooler

Mods Include:
Custom Plazmaman Front Mount Intercooler + Plenum, GReddy In-cabin Adjustable Coilovers, Front / Rear Cusco Strut Braces,
Hiro 19" x 8.5(f) 10.5(r) Wheels, PFC w/hand controller, Splitfire Coil Pacs, eBoost 2 EBC, Blitz Turbo Timer, HyperTune Throttle Body, HKS Exhaust w/Xforce Dump Pipe, Bomex Front Bar, Kenwood Head Unit w/Fusion Rear 6x9 Speakers

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Regards,

ALISA LAN
Championship Development Manager

www.autosalon.org
http://www.youtube.com/AutoSalonChannel
CABIN GROUP
Unit 47, 34-36 Ralph Street
ALEXANDRIA NSW 2015
P: +61 2 9667 8300
F:+ 61 2 9667 3988
The Ex-Sec
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I just got the email to :?
not good thank god I walk to westfields when I need to go, only 5 mins walk for me.
lets just hope they find it.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Got it as well, how annoying :x
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Bennoz wrote:Got it as well, how annoying :x
what receiving the email? or the car getting stolen? :lol:

nah seriously, there are some real low lives out there. that sucks hope it gets found in one piece
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

call me stupid but isnt it really hard to steal a car if it has a decent immobiliser alarm setup? and youd think on a car like this it would?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

AMACHA wrote:call me stupid but isnt it really hard to steal a car if it has a decent immobiliser alarm setup? and youd think on a car like this it would?
Yeah I would have thought so too! I have enough trouble getting my car started what with it's tricky immobiliser, let alone someone who is trying to nick it.

But i guess they can steal anything if they're determined enough - tray truck or similar (not saying that they did that in this case, cos a tray truck in Westfields loadin up a car would've got a bit of attention, just saying that nothing is impossible)
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Car Alarms-Immobilisers are a deterrent ..... professionals get around them.

If you kindly put the brand name of the alarm on the car (eg the sticker) you only make it easier as every alarm/immobiliser has its weaknesses and this tells would-be car borrower - just what he has to do - no sticker and he'll have to guess what he's up against.

I often hear car alarms in carparks going off - and NOBODY pays attention as its so commonplace now.

We put internal screamers inside as well - so at least if they take ours - they'll hopefully suffer some ear damage in the process.
The Ex-Sec
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Teania wrote:We put internal screamers inside as well - so at least if they take ours - they'll hopefully suffer some ear damage in the process.
Just our luck though, with these type of devices, the thieves will probably suffer hearing loss, then successfully sue you for more than your cars worth... :cry:
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

I know it sucks a big one, but in these times it has to be said:

Take care of your car!!! I personally don't take my car to the local shopping centre if I can at all avoid it... that's not really cos i'm worried about getting it snaked, more because I don't want dents and marks all over my doors from assholes who can't take more care opening their doors.

But the point remains, we all spend money on our cars, we are all passionate about our cars... the harsh reality is that other people don't respect your property so don't take the risk!