RNP Run - Wednesday 30/01/2008

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nicholas
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

RNP Run - Wednesday 30/01/2008

Post by nicholas »

Guys, I'm heading through the RNP and possibly onto Kangaroo valley tomorrow morning with some friends from the RenaultSport forums.

If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know, would be good to get a couple of FTOs together but I know it's short notice :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Cant make it... would love too thou, K Valley Way is my favourite! :)
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

It's a great drive, though parts (like Jamboroo Rd) are a bit hairy!

I'll let you guys know how it goes :D
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

If anyone is interested, we had a great drive this morning - 3 RenaultSport Clios, 1 FTO and 1 MX-5

Left at 7am and headed to Loftus before taking a run through the RNP. There were cyclists everywhere but we got a couple of minutes of uninterrupted bliss :D

We headed onwards down the coast, going across the sky-bridge (the bridge that goes outside the cliff over the ocean just before wollongong.

Next up was a very nice run down Bulli Pass (I think it's bulli pass, whatever has Mt Keira lookout at the top of it) and we didn't get any traffic at all down there!!, before heading on towards Albion Park.

We headed up Macquarie Pass before stopping at Robertsons pies for lunch :D

Unfortunately, due to an 'incident' on the way up Macquarie Pass on the way to lunch, we didn't do any spirited driving in the afternoon even though we finished lunch shortly after 12.

Still, it was a great day, definitely something that we should do as an FTO cruise sometime soon!!
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Im assuming the "incident" involved police ?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

No mate, just a close call.

Let's just say that our line of cars had to pull up rather quickly half-way up because someone else (& unrelated to our drive) was doing something they shouldn't have been... and let's just say that it was quite a challenge for all involved to stop in time, and gave some food for thought.