Chrome Badges

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Chrome Badges

Post by ruchi »

A number of people have asked me for more information about the chrome badging on my car, so in response to that, here's some pics and some information.

On the front, the stardard 3 diamond badge has been replaced with a chrome one, along with the front grill and water squirters. The front badge is off the back of a Mitsubishi Outlander and was around $8. Do not use the ones off the Magna / Verada as they are too curved and won't fit properly. The Outlander one still has a slight curve, so get a small piece of double sided tape and put it on top of the existing double sided tape, on the back of the new badge, but just a tiny piece and just in the middle of the three diamonds, to help prop it up a bit more and fill in the slight curve. Make sure it is black and not white, otherwise it is very noticable, and make sure it is the thin double sided tape.

On the rear, the original stickers have been replaced with chrome badging.

The 3 diamonds and "Mitsubishi" badge are off a Lancer. The two items came together and cost around $40

The "Sports" & "V6" badge are off a TJ Magna. Note these are two seperate badges and cost around $9 each

When applying the rear badges, make sure you leave a gap between each badge, and from both the side and bottom edges, of roughly the same distance, otherwise it doesn't look very good. :roll:

Place the bages on VERY gently, then step back and take a look, it may take a couple of times to get them lined up properly. If you stick them on too hard, the double sided tape will pull off when you try to take them off. :evil:

Because the boot lid is curved at each corner, if you put the badges on straight, they end up looking bent. Instead, very gently bend the badges, especially the "Mitsubishi" one, to the curve of your boot, then when you step back, it appears straight. A little heat can help, but be gentle or the chrome or plastic will crack :wink: With the "sports" badge place the last "s" just on the begining of the curve, then place the "V6" on the curved bit, at a slight angle, then when you step back, it looks straight.

To take the old stickers off, boil some water in a jug, pour over the sticker and it will loosen up the glue. They should then peel off easier. You may need to use a degreaser to clean up any residue.

Can't wait from my chrome FTO inlay, this will finish off the back nicely :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

looks great andrew! nice touch indeed... (in fact i didn't even notice, but then i was driving ahead of you most of the time haha)

i wonder if they have chromed 4WD badges too... *looks at Steve* ;)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

You can obviously get all these badges from your local Mitsubishi dealer's Spare Parts area.

But quite often they don't have them all in stock.

If in Melb, I recommend you try Chadstone Mitsubishi, as each time I was after a badge they always had it in stock, whereas with a number of other Mitsi dealers they were out of stock of at least one.