What are the dimensions of the front 6's?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

oodLes
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What are the dimensions of the front 6's?

Post by oodLes »

I need to know how deep they are and if they're 6" or 6.5". Will be replacing them tomorrow. Also does anyone have ones they can recommend that just fit straight in with no hassles?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

you would be best getting the 6.5 as they are a strait fit with no modifications :D
as for recommending a set the best thing would just be to go down and have a look at what is there, as every one has diferent ideas of sound. I would go pionner but thats just me.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Thanks mate, reason I asked which ones people recommend is I want as easy an install as possible, with no custom baffles or anything so I wanted to know which ones people have installed and they don't have to do that.

Thanks for the diameter though, I was going to go look today but everywhere was closed. Ffs country towns.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

have a look on ebay to, but get prices from the shops as well as some on ebay go higher than what they sell in the shops.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Oh yeah I know about eBay. I've got Kenwood 6x9's in the rear so I may go the same brand for the fronts.
pimped
Grease Monkey

Post by pimped »

I'm pretty sure 6.5" don't fit in the stock basket. I've got 6.5" and I needed to make a custom mount for them. It's not hard to make a bracket for them, just need some MDF and a jigsaw.
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

pimped wrote:I'm pretty sure 6.5" don't fit in the stock basket. I've got 6.5" and I needed to make a custom mount for them. It's not hard to make a bracket for them, just need some MDF and a jigsaw.
+1

6.5" drivers wouldn't mount onto the stock plastic baskets. The pioneers I pulled out of there looked 6" to me and were mounted in the stock basket.

Although as Pimped has mentioned, making up some adaptor plates out of MDF is a breeze if you want the deeper bass 6.5" drivers have to offer...
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I got my Cerwin Vega 6.5 splits in this weekend... Got them into the stock plastic thing ... Just had to get Dremil on them, to make way for the metal bracket in the speakers... You could use a normal file to sheer away at it, but would just take a little longer....

End result.... Fit perfect....
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Good to hear... :) how much did you pay for those ?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Ummm ... Can't remember ... I got the cerwin front splits, cerwin 6x9's, 1x cerwin 350.2 a 600.1, and a 12 inch Cerwin Sub ...
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Orions

Post by msbchi »

My Orion 6.5s fitted straight into the plastic basket. Just had to bend the wire connectors so the didnt snag and then carefully place them in so that the wires didn't come off. But whatever you get make sure you check their rating even Pioneer sell crap in their low end market.
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

i have 6.5" :P

but then again mine moulded out :oops:
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

the 6" are to small so you have to get spacers for it or make up somthing I just put in a CHEEP set of 6" and had to cut some ply wood to fit them in. It was a S**T job but it works :lol: