Eastern Creek - Drags, Wed 27th Feb

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by kid_dynamite »

aza013 wrote:so what happens when it gets stopped like that do you get your money back or a free pass in next time?
Usually you don't get anything. But yeah, times, times!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

what you get nothing :evil: thats a rip so say you pay to run and you are hanging to get on the track, your the next car to go for your first run and the rain hits and they stop the night. do you just go home with an empty pocket :x thats got to S**T you big time.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah you get free entry to the next session of your choice. We just have to keep our arm bands & paperwaork & ring up before the day :)

Well, I got 2 runs in, first was a 15.177, the second was a 15.100 at 153kmh.... no traction in first or second on either run :lol: My reaction times were rubbish & spent the first 60 foot trying to stop it spinning. I've not yet quite mastered the art of flooring first without hitting the nos pedal switch.

sh*t weather for runs too, very humid. AJ ran some 15.8's & last tiime we were there on a nice cold night he was running 15.6's.

And next time I'll get off my ass & strip out the interior, sub, spare tyre & tools :lol: Once I learn how to control the launches, I reckon I'll drop into the 14's.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

so it was a S**T night for all then :( But still good times. I have to get to the next one as I want to see what the VR can do :roll:
I have now got the weight of it down to 1210kgs form 1230kgs both with a full tank of fuel, if I drop down to half a tank I should be sitting at about 1180-1190kgs so it should be a good run ( as long as I dont F#*K up :lol: ) and I know I will :roll:
Last edited by aza013 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RalliartBoy
Mechanic

Post by RalliartBoy »

Really need good weather for this although the coolness does help.

As soon as i saw the rain coming i turned around and went home as i knew it would be a waste of time.

Been there many times and once it gets to a certain point you get no refunds - rain, hail, typhoon, whatever - doesn't matter.

Got caught out a few times, not again.

Was disappointed as i did want to run but there will be other opportunities.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

It was promising to be a good night. Not many cars as the black clouds in the distance had put everyone off.

I managed to get 3 runs in 25 mins, instead of an 2 in an hour 30 last time. I was in the queue for my 4th and noticed a brand new M3 almost at the line. I wanted to see this. I got out my car. He crept forward and lined up and then board lights went out and the rain came. The beemer never got a go. :cry:

Still, back to the FTO’s.

Times where as follows.

1st run

AJ – 15.863 (traction control off) @143.35
Ben – 15.177 @ 152.76

2nd run

AJ – 16.009 (traction control on) @ 141.45
Ben – 15.104 @151.53

3rd run

AJ – 15.870 (traction control off) @140.95
Commodore – 13.553 @ 162.36

My times are very consistent if you ignore the middle one with the TCL off. It spun then cut the fuel and bogged, then picked up again. I was still in front but at around the 300m mark Bennoz sailed past.
With my reaction time and less spin I got to the finish before Ben on the first run but after him on the second – draw!

1st run AJ was in front by .0609
2nd run Ben was in front by .3797

We get to go for free next time as it got rained out. Sweet. Mr F700, did you get any pics/video? I’d love to see it. Damn that v8 was fast! I have no doubt that Ben can get high 14's with his motor once the launch gets sorted.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

My mechanic reckons I should launch in second :scratch: Reckons a high rpm dump with nos on will pull me thru it.... I told him if I blow a clutch, he's payin! :lol:
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

High 14's ???

I would expect lowish 14's from Bennoz's car once the launch is sorted. Though it may need an lsd to achieve it. Just look at the finish speed of Bennoz's runs...in the mid 150's which indicates potentially getting high 14's easy but with launch mastered the finish speed should move to at least 160km/h imho.

Awhile ago, i did some dodgy private road testing. Even with bogged launches my fto was crossing 400m at 155km/h and this ain't even on a grippy surface like a dragstrip.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Bennoz wrote:My mechanic reckons I should launch in second :scratch: Reckons a high rpm dump with nos on will pull me thru it.... I told him if I blow a clutch, he's payin! :lol:
lol I was just thinking about that on the way home from work :lol:
it should work Ben starting in 2nd with nos and you should gain a little time as well not having to change from 1st to 2nd.
but as you said the clutch my be a problem, but havent you got the better clutch in your car? if so it should be right I could be wrong :?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I reckon low 14's in do-able. The thing pulled f*cking hard when I had traction, like scary hard. Even chaging into 3rd it chirped & tried to bark its way across the lane. Am also now having to change into 4th at the 350m mark.

The other thing I forgot to play with on the day - which will help the launch immensly - was the Teins. I completely forgot, I should be winding the rear ones all the way up to the hardest setting, so on launch the rear of the car doesnt bog down & transfer the weight off the front.... I had all the Teins set to the lowest setting :?

Have also got the new light weight flywheel on its way too.... thats gonna make launching harder, but it come into its own down the back end of the strip.

What will be the nail in the wheelspin coffin would be a limo diff... there's be half a second in that alone I'd say.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

aza013 wrote:but as you said the clutch my be a problem, but havent you got the better clutch in your car? if so it should be right I could be wrong :?
Yeah, I've already got the Excedy with the 750kg clamping plate, but as I mentioned the first time we went to the strip, I had problems with that too, if I change too fast I get pressure plate bounce. It needs to be heavier, but I really dont want to have to sacrifice street-ablility to much... i've driven cars with one tonners around town & its a pain.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Low 14's is definitely do-able. Goodluck! The trap speed already indicates a possible high 14's. Once launch is sorted the trap speed will increase and lower the et.

Looking forward to your next runs!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Found this on Cackling AJ. They didn't get one of me by the looks of it :?

AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/200 ... 020814.htm

Badger got you on the other side a few times.