Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

aza013
NSW Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New Legislattion M5 & M7 RE Speeding Fines

Post by aza013 »

THIS IS FROM THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT

M5 and the M7 are now equipped with Point to Point speed Devices. On entering the M7 the etage beeps and a camera takes your photo of your car recording the exact time. On exiting the etag system beeps again another camers at that point takes a photo of the car and the time. then the computer calculates the time it takes you to travel between the two points and calculates your speed. If you completed the clocked journey too fast you are issued with a speeding ticket.

At the persent the speed limit is 100K.P.H. with a tolerance of 102 max.
Over that and you are issued with a fine automatically.

Now with the new legislation, fighting a speed Camera is almost impossible. You must prove the device is faulty and if you are not a technician working on them, you have no chance of beating the fine.

The Pacific highway has a set and these are recognized by large steel frames over the lanes with a speed camera and some distance up the road is another largemetal frame with speed camera.
These new point to point systems are being put onto any expressway and highway where vehicles are not able to exit between those points.

so they are saying if you do 2ks over the limit set on these roads you will be fined
Last edited by aza013 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Sorry aza, that rumour has been around forever. It used to be the white roadside poles with reflectors that were actually devices to calculate your speed, but as time has gone by its been updated to the noughties :D
Teh Ban Queen!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I was informed by a relyable person about this and I cant give a link as it a restricted area sorry.
they have not said when it was going to start, it may have started already we just dont know and why take the chance.
As we all know how long it takes for the fines to come out to you.
you could have no licence befor you get the first fine.

PM sent Kaz
Last edited by aza013 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its going to happen - but we will all be well aware of it when it happens. Its not like we'll all be caught unaware. Its illegal for the RTA to secretly put up point to point camera's without us knowing. It must be sign posted. Thats one of many things that needs to happen before this kicks off. One of my clients is the RTA. My engineers work on certifiying third party cameras (ie ROAM installed cameras in this instance)

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... =camera%2A
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

lets just hope it is all bull S**T then :?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dont think so unfortunately :(

Its a shame our state government cant manage their budget sufficiently enough so's that they have to hit the citizens up for revenue via traffic infringments :x
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Yeah, and those damned unregistered cars... :lol: "ker-ching"
Teh Ban Queen!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

kazbah wrote:Yeah, and those damned unregistered cars... :lol: "ker-ching"
Yeah, yeah, look out Whoopi Goldberg is in the crownd tonight :lol:
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Bennoz wrote:
kazbah wrote:Yeah, and those damned unregistered cars... :lol: "ker-ching"
Yeah, yeah, look out Whoopi Goldberg is in the crownd tonight :lol:

Woohoo I been crownd!!
Teh Ban Queen!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I did a little digging around at work tonight on this and still have to do some more but I have found out that they are alowing a 6% leeway on times for cars and trucks.
So you have to be doing over 106khp from the time you get on and the time you get off
most times you would only be doing aprox 70-80 entering and exiting so you would need to be doing about 130 along the m7 to get done.
I found this out from a work mate that got a warning letter sent to him as he was doing 130kph on the M7 :?
the letter also stated that warning letters are getting handed out and if you get done the 2nd time they will fine you. as for speeding signs they use the loop hole by saying that there are signs around the area saying that speed camreas are used in this area :evil:

I will keep every one updated on this when I get more info.

this has just come to my atention :-

Westlink Dismisses Hoax Email
12/3/2008

Westlink M7 has dismissed a hoax email currently circulating that claims that the motorway has implemented a secret speed fine based on the time a vehicle enters and exits the motorway.

Rachel Johnson, General Manager of Westlink M7, said that the email was a hoax and that no secret speed enforcement system operates on the Westlink M7.

Westlink supports safe driving and urges all motorists to comply with posted speed limits.

“However, the secret speed fine system detailed in the hoax email does not exist,â€
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I have just ot of the phone from the M7 ppl about this and yep its a BullS**T email, they also gave a link with the info on it.
info on top right of page.

http://www.westlinkm7.com.au/Technology-TollPrices.asp
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

I think we can safely say its been put to bed, some good news about fines for a change :D
Teh Ban Queen!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I will 2nd that Kaz :D