electric turbo

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vannil
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

electric turbo

Post by vannil »

hi guys

i was on the net reseaching about turbos at work "getting paid to look at turbos on the net lol" and i came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electric ... enameZWDVW

is this a good idea to do. and if it is it be a good cheap way to do a pretty good mod i think
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hey mate there have been heaps of threads on these do a search buddy to find out other ppl's opinion. Ill give you mine though.

You get what you pay for, pay banana's get monkeys.
If they are so great (been around for at least 5 yrs that i know of) why doesnt everyone have one.
In theroy i suppose they could work (someone correct me if im wrong). But the little motors dont spin anywhere near fast enough to build up the proper psi like a turboed or supercharged engine.
*~dreamy~* factor, try showing one to mate that has a real turbo or super charger. The embarrassment and ridicule will last for months

Just MHO
Simon
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
vannil
Apprentice

Post by vannil »

ok dont worry bout this i did some reseach now and i know its probaly a load of sh*t but if neone has one i'd like to know if it did nething
vannil
Apprentice

Post by vannil »

how do u delete post some people be angry to see this topic again
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

lol... although everyone agrees these are a waste of money, me included, I still want to see someone on a dyno prove that they don't work so we can lay it to rest once and for all!
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I think I8A-4RE's using one of these for his turbo install, you should check the Turbo thread ;) :lol:
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Ugh I hate people. Anyone with an IQ above 50... make that 40, knows this is utter crap.

I mean, it's a friggin computer fan, I don't see your computer pumping 18psi and neither will this.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:I think I8A-4RE's using one of these for his turbo install, you should check the Turbo thread ;) :lol:
DONT SAY sh*t like that ppl will actually believe you haahahaha
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Awhile ago, i saw some data and videos that sold me 10% on the idea that it'd actually help to be honest. The good kits out there don't actually use a computer fan like we all talk about. I remember seeing a video of one of those better fans blowing into a household black garbage bag.. it inflated the bag within seconds, and then a second or two later the bag exploded. So it should definitely be able to compress 2 or 3 psi and that's what the manufacturer claims.

The question IS...when you're what, your engine will continually suck air at a high rate, will the fans CFM be enough to compress air as the air is being sucked into the engine. My dad spoke to a couple of guys at a workshop who offered to install one of these "better" kits and the guys were saying it made a little bit of difference. I.e. there were gains but the fans were prone to breaking due to the massive current they drew and the speeds they spun at.

Anyone game to try one of these kits ?
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

If you have 2 litres of air getting sucked in every 4 revolutions of the angine (with it being a 2 litre four stroke) then at only 5K rpm your asking said fan to shift 2,500 litres of air a minute, just to keep it at 0 psi.

I dont see it myself.

And no Ben, the exchange rate still doesn't make a difference to this :lol: