Guess what I got taken for a ride in yesterday?

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

I don't mind the CF sticker.. they didn't do a bad job..

the Matte Black on the other hand is HORNY AS!
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

naaa... If you owned that car you could afford cf panels. = it doesnt have the small gloss that real cf has.

The matt black is so sexy.... If i get into a accident or need a respray that my choice.... And cf parts wont stand out too much aswell :twisted: :twisted:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

that is bull sh*t $20000 US. for a new box no way :evil:
I think they need to do some more home work on that to stop this problem I think.
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

What retards nissan are.

The Toyota Supra has a 6 speed manual developed by 'getrag', yes? And that getrag box was developed way back in 1992 when the supra was being designed.
Now, i knew someone on the supra forums who ran his 560RWHP Supra daily for over 2 years, raking up 40,000k's with Bridgestone RE-01R's and softer than stock springs at the rear (ie, lots of traction).

The only thing he needed to fix was replacing the tyres after a few k's.

Now, if a gearbox made designed in 1992 can withstand 560RWHP daily,
explain to me how the pussy ass GTR's box can't handle a few launches?
wtf is that sh*t?
And why is the system even ON THERE if it voids the cars warranty?

The ENTIRE CAR is made out of computers, yet it can't stop itself from f**king it's own gearbox with a pussy ass 480hp?
You can't go over 180km/h unless you are at a track in which case the built in GPS will disable the limiter automatically for you, then talk to you telling you the history of that specific track and telling you how long and how fast each corner should be taken,
yet here we have a gearbox failing ITSELF within a YEAR.

If they bring out the GTR over here and launching the car using a built in system causes the warranty to get void, nissan has a massive lawsuit and consumer affairs case on their hands, as well as a total vehicle recall and mandatory fixation of the problem (ie, over 20k each car), because that's called FACTORY ERROR.
A car should not have it's warranty void without modifying it.

And apparently, by releasing a car that will cook it's own gearbox BY ITSELF and then making customers pay to fix a factory error, they deserve it.

It's things like this that make me love the absolutely indestructible 2JZ GTE and Getrag gearbox.
600hp daily and it'll stand up to it for years.
In 15 year old technology.
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

SOrry about the poor quality pics but I couldnt stop trembling 8O . IMO best car I have ever driven
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

Wow, the interior looks pretty bland for a supercar..
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

the_msta_chizz wrote:Wow, the interior looks pretty bland for a supercar..
really? I thought it was damn sexy..
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

keep inmind that it competes against the 911, and that dosnt have an amazing interior.

I love the r8s cockpit
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

bushido wrote:keep inmind that it competes against the 911, and that dosnt have an amazing interior.

I love the r8s cockpit
I like it, understated, yet 8)
LED ALL the things.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

the dashboard needs more curves..... The electronics are awesome though
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

the_msta_chizz wrote:Wow, the interior looks pretty bland for a supercar..
a lot of super cars have very boring interiors... the porsche is probably one of the worst
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

the_msta_chizz wrote:What retards nissan are.

The Toyota Supra has a 6 speed manual developed by 'getrag', yes? And that getrag box was developed way back in 1992 when the supra was being designed.
Now, i knew someone on the supra forums who ran his 560RWHP Supra daily for over 2 years, raking up 40,000k's with Bridgestone RE-01R's and softer than stock springs at the rear (ie, lots of traction).

wtf is that sh*t?

The ENTIRE CAR is made out of computers, yet it can't stop itself from f**king it's own gearbox with a pussy ass 480hp?
You can't go over 180km/h unless you are at a track in which case the built in GPS will disable the limiter automatically for you, then talk to you telling you the history of that specific track and telling you how long and how fast each corner should be taken,

If they bring out the GTR over here and launching the car using a built in system causes the warranty to get void, nissan has a massive lawsuit and consumer affairs case on their hands, as well as a total vehicle recall and mandatory fixation of the problem (ie, over 20k each car), because that's called FACTORY ERROR.

And apparently, by releasing a car that will cook it's own gearbox BY ITSELF and then making customers pay to fix a factory error, they deserve it.

It's things like this that make me love the absolutely indestructible 2JZ GTE and Getrag gearbox.
I don't think it's quite so BS..

We have no idea how these gtrs were treated and for all we know, the owner/s could've been using launch control at every set of lights. In that case, it should be warranty refused. You go buy a manual Sti/evo and do rev limiter clutch sidesteps and see if they will give you warranty without you chucking up a stink to high hell.

And as for it breaking so easily...not really. You gotta remember this is a double clutch on/off type of gearbox/engagement. Plus factor in the engine is a state of the art 3.8l (loads of bottom end unlike a 2j with only 3L) coupled with two medium sized turbos that offer great low down response meaning even more torque and you can just imagine how much torque that gearbox has to absorb and transmit, through an AWD system!

Your mate with a 560hp 2j will most likely be running a single large turbo to generate that kinda power, meaning crap all boost down low, and coupled with a smaller capacity engine with older tech, it's obviously not gonna generate as much torque down low meaning the box has an easier life not to mention it's RWD too.

Just my 2 cents going from what you said and most likely what setup your mate has.

Oh and as for the system on there...it was never intended to be publicly known i think, nissan had it in there for testing purposes.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

dam im soo jealous of your job!

you know id even do it for maccas pay rate :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Delvance wrote:
the_msta_chizz wrote:What retards nissan are.

wtf is that sh*t?

I don't think it's quite so BS..

We have no idea how these gtrs were treated and for all we know, the owner/s could've been using launch control at every set of lights. In that case, it should be warranty refused. You go buy a manual Sti/evo and do rev limiter clutch sidesteps and see if they will give you warranty without you chucking up a stink to high hell.

And as for it breaking so easily...not really. You gotta remember this is a double clutch on/off type of gearbox/engagement. Plus factor in the engine is a state of the art 3.8l (loads of bottom end unlike a 2j with only 3L) coupled with two medium sized turbos that offer great low down response meaning even more torque and you can just imagine how much torque that gearbox has to absorb and transmit, through an AWD system!

Your mate with a 560hp 2j will most likely be running a single large turbo to generate that kinda power, meaning crap all boost down low, and coupled with a smaller capacity engine with older tech, it's obviously not gonna generate as much torque down low meaning the box has an easier life not to mention it's RWD too.

Just my 2 cents going from what you said and most likely what setup your mate has.

Oh and as for the system on there...it was never intended to be publicly known i think, nissan had it in there for testing purposes.
totally agree
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

Delvance wrote:I don't think it's quite so BS..

the 2JZ is running twin Garrett GT35R's..it starts boost at 3.5kRPM.
3.1L Stroked too.
Incredible amounts of torque at the lower-to mid range..

Sure, it's not AWD, but honestly, if the Getrag box can handle that amount of torque when it's 15 years old, why can't nissan build a box that can handle it for more than a year?

Sure, the driver may have been launching it at every set of lights and all that, but why didn't nissan pick up on that when it was being serviced and maybe used the absolutely massive computer system to limit how much the system can be used?

the 911 Turbo disables the launch control when it's been used too much, why can't the GTR do the same?

I fail too see why it can't.

That GTR's computer system is smart enough to limit the speed to 180km/h unless it's on a track, it's smart enough to automatically control the cars steering if it detects it's veering off course on a freeway, it's even smart enough to drop back the cruise controls speed when it detects the road getting wet..
Why can't they steal the Porches system and make it be able to disable the launch control when the gearbox gets too hot?
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

OMG OMG your so lucky i wish i could go in the new skyline :( best car i love it :D
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

the_msta_chizz wrote:
Delvance wrote:I don't think it's quite so BS..

the 2JZ is running twin Garrett GT35R's..it starts boost at 3.5kRPM.
3.1L Stroked too.
Incredible amounts of torque at the lower-to mid range..

Sure, it's not AWD, but honestly, if the Getrag box can handle that amount of torque when it's 15 years old, why can't nissan build a box that can handle it for more than a year?

Sure, the driver may have been launching it at every set of lights and all that, but why didn't nissan pick up on that when it was being serviced and maybe used the absolutely massive computer system to limit how much the system can be used?

the 911 Turbo disables the launch control when it's been used too much, why can't the GTR do the same?

I fail too see why it can't.

That GTR's computer system is smart enough to limit the speed to 180km/h unless it's on a track, it's smart enough to automatically control the cars steering if it detects it's veering off course on a freeway, it's even smart enough to drop back the cruise controls speed when it detects the road getting wet..
Why can't they steal the Porches system and make it be able to disable the launch control when the gearbox gets too hot?
Like you said...it starts boost at 3.5k rpm lol.

The gtr hits a torque flat from 1800rpms to quite high.

And 3.L TT vs 3.8L TT

Like i said, the system was never intended to be public knowledge, hence no safeguard against it. Hence why Nissan are thinking of removing the "feature" from other market's gtrs.

Plus you're still not factoring in that the transmission in the gtr is no usual manual jobby. The driver can't adjust with clutch slip etc (which a good driver in a high powered car would do on hard take off etc).

Double clutch hasn't been around in mass market cars for too long, give that 15 years and watch what they can do.

Oh, also look up how many gt-rs are being driven around in the states and japan atm...then look at cases of warranty refusal, you will find the percentage to be quite low. It's just a big stink atm because of the halo effect on the gtr so people are nitpicking anything they can.

I know which one i'd rather be driving..
martyjer
Apprentice

Post by martyjer »

R35's are no doubt a beautiful car, although they are now going from affordable to just plain crazy, being a supercar instead of an ordinary mans car. I saw one at Top Gear in London and the sense of standing beside something menacing hits you, especially from the back I think.
But am I right in hearing that when you buy one, you sign a waiver, that if you turn TC off, and something goes wrong, that Nissan will not be responsible? Because its linked to something else in the bay?
But, as menacing as the R35 is, I think the most frightening thing I could see in my rear view mirror would be this, http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?M ... 9311117615, god I nearly cried while looking at her!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

martyjer wrote:R35's are no doubt a beautiful car, although they are now going from affordable to just plain crazy, being a supercar instead of an ordinary mans car. I saw one at Top Gear in London and the sense of standing beside something menacing hits you, especially from the back I think.
But am I right in hearing that when you buy one, you sign a waiver, that if you turn TC off, and something goes wrong, that Nissan will not be responsible? Because its linked to something else in the bay?
But, as menacing as the R35 is, I think the most frightening thing I could see in my rear view mirror would be this, http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?M ... 9311117615, god I nearly cried while looking at her!
Lol nice..

Omg saw this on that site too - Looks so fkn hot in white!
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?P ... 9311076500
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.