FG Falcon XR6T first drive! 5.1 0-100!!!

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

payaya
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FG Falcon XR6T first drive! 5.1 0-100!!!

Post by payaya »

Very very suprising considering the FPV model will be quicker!!!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Artic ... leID=51245

According to our satellite-assisted timing equipment, the XR6 Turbo can accelerate from rest to 100km/h in just 5.1 seconds and cover the quarter mile (or 400-metre sprint) in 13.4 seconds.

Click here to read pricing and specification details for the XR6 Turbo.

To make sure it wasn’t an error, we repeated the test. Again. And again. And again. Hey, someone’s got to do it.

For the record, the air-conditioning was on. There were no stunts, no tricks, we just squeezed the accelerator. It did it like it was brushing its teeth.

This not only makes the latest Falcon XR6 Turbo the fastest Falcon to date, it also shoots it to the top of the leader board in Australian performance cars. It’s faster than both the Holden V8s and its own big brother, the Falcon XR8 (which stopped the clocks at a comparatively slow 6.3 seconds).

Holden Special Vehicles claims its 6.0-litre V8 Clubsport can reach 100km/h in 4.96 seconds, but only HSV staffers have been able to repeat this figure. The best number any hacks like us have squeezed out of an HSV is 5.2 seconds. Perhaps that will change when the 6.2-litre Clubsport goes on sale in May 2008.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

who cares its still a falcon
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

love the big aussie sedans
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

I8A4RE wrote:who cares its still a falcon
You'll care when its tail is the last thing you see of it :P
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

oodLes wrote:
You'll care when its tail is the last thing you see of it :P
umm....no, theres plenty of cars out there that beat mine and it dosent worry me in the slightest.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Whats wrong with the Falcon then?
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

They can't turn.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

They look like a Falcon.
LED ALL the things.
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Holden FTW
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Commodore = Falcon = bleh
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yobbo's drive them and think they are friggan craig lowndes in bathurst through school zones :lol: . I hate commodores for the same reason....... Not to mention there is just so god damm many of them.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Delvance wrote:They can't turn.
Mate check out corner speeds to a FPV/HSV and if you think it cant turn then obviously most performance euros cant either.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

+1

Anyone looked at the price tag of this POS? $45,990 or $62,000 if you want all the options.. If I was going to pay $45,000 - $60,000 for ANY car I can tell you now its not going to be a Ford, or a Holden. Not to mention, it would do a bit better than 5.1 seconds for a 0-100 even if I had to buy second hand.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

the point of teh new falcon is to turn it from a POS to a decent car, ya knobs!! having said that i'd still bet that it wont take much to beat one on the track

at the last autokhana i was at there was a hot falcon on semi-click r comps and i still beat it on street tyres in the FTO and it was my first time on that course! its the weight that kills handling, they'll never handle properly until you strip em out like a v8 supercar, i reckon. in fact i'd put lots of money on that one lol.

5.1 (0-100) is all you need for a yobo's car though who never takes it anywhere but up your ass at each traffic light :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

SG wrote:the point of teh new falcon is to turn it from a POS to a decent car, ya knobs!!
I'm sure Ford is disappointed that they FAILED ... AGAIN :lol:

That said .. I don't have anything against Ford .. only Australian made Fords. I would gladly import a Mustang Fastback or the like if I had the cash.
But even still - If I did have the cash to buy a nice bit of American Muscle it would have to be a Corvette Stingray..
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

mr-charisma wrote:
+1

Anyone looked at the price tag of this POS? $45,990 or $62,000 if you want all the options.. If I was going to pay $45,000 - $60,000 for ANY car I can tell you now its not going to be a Ford, or a Holden. Not to mention, it would do a bit better than 5.1 seconds for a 0-100 even if I had to buy second hand.
give me 60k and let me spend it on the fto and ill havea better looking faster car then the xr6 car oh yuk another xr6.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

60k on an FTO - go look at FTOsam. his would only be about the same now. Few mods to the Xt6 and it will be running low 12s. I bet the ford wont break each week and has way better low low torque.

I have driven one recently around Sandown with some suspension mods and you guys really just need to pull your heads out of your arses - there is more to life than an FTO.

It beats it on corrner speed, top speed, acell. and nice an comfy. I then took my FTO around and it was just not as good after the falcon. Then my r33 and, well it was better and faster but that was no suprise.

Overall I thought it was a good car for a ford. Agreed I would not get one, then again if I had a family or needed a company car it would be the the top of my list for value and performance.

Looks is only part of the package - an important part. These are pretty good cars, like the holden SS - which I really like, took it for a spin in Calder Park few months back....went good also.
Last edited by khunjeng on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

+1!

I quite live the FPV's. I went for a run in a tricked out XR6 turbo the other day & it was a dead set cop killer! Also now that the first batch of XR6 turbo's are coming out of warranty, guys are turning the boost up on the factory turbo & pulling massive figures.

And if Santa left this on my doorstep...

I'd suck his cock.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

khunjeng wrote: I have driven one recently around Sandown with some suspension mods and you guys really just need to pull your heads out of your arses - there is more to life than an FTO.
What cause we dont like a car, your the one who needs to pull your head out of your ass. Just cause we dont like a certain car doesnt mean that we dont like other cars. My list of favourite cars is massive....... I just dont like falcon or commodores, build a bridge and get ova it.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:jerry: