Find me a head unit!

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nicholas
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nicholas »

Yep; to each their own but I've got no interest in decibels, neons and all that other flashy shite.

Also have no interest in expensive gear that gets nicked - did you notice our cars have frameless windows? :lol: Presume you were unlucky enough to learn the hard way?!
Resident Asshole.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

wow man 4k on audio! must be hectic as! like is there dvd monitors and all? or is this just speakers and amps 8O
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

4000? yeh dude thats exactly what i was gona say! with that ammount of cash spent and the quality you'd probly get from it... id just hope your car was dynamatted or it would be a big waste lol :lol:
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

dvd player costed me 2k n the splits and amps were another 2k.
well u cant find a price like that unless your in the industry.
i started at GCR melb as an custom/audio installer then got promoted to assistant manager.
im pretty sure everyone who works will know how stock are being marked up. even when they have specials they still need to make profits.

yes dynamatt were done.
whos gonna be stupid enough to spend a sh*t lond on an competitive sound system n not sound proof the car.
its an must do thing or else not worth paying so much
Let the tunes decide
.:[Bosch Australia Automotive Department]:.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

but does dynamattin make a big difference? im not sure if i should spend the extra and put some more weight on my car if the difference isnt major cause at the moment i got :
pioneer 5950IB head unit ($250)
boston acoustic pro60 components ($550) and 5 way pioneer 6x9 ($200) both running off 720watt mtx amp ($430)
2 x 12" 1500watt kenwood subs running off a 1k watt monoblock ($450)

(all off ebay not inc postage and installation) :lol:

and i feel my rear spoiler and mirrors slightly shaking whenever im playing the music, i havent tried pumping the sound yet but im sure the boot shakes and doors will rattle ...

nvdfto, how much did you pay for the dynamatting? might be something i'll invest into later on
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

im not sure if i should spend the extra and put some more weight on my car

Something just doesn't add up there.
Resident Asshole.
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

im not sure if i should spend the extra and put some more weight on my car
Something just doesn't add up there.
Resident Asshole.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

Haha i agree that why did i put on 50kg in the boot, but sound proofing the car would weight nearly twice as much as the sub right?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Doubt it. I don't know what material they use these days but it'd have to be something akin to lead to put 100kg on the car.

But if you add up the weight of 2 subs, sub box, 2 amps, cabling etc... it's a hell of a lot of weight before you even consider sound proofing.

I just reckon the power to weight ratio of our cars is low enough without helping it out :lol:
Resident Asshole.
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

heheh yeh having a sound system in it weight it up a lot but i perfer my tunes over speeding. but that doesnt mean i dont speed. it just takes time for me to reach the same speed as soneone else.
looks like your subs are struggling with that power. careful your subs might stuff up.

my dynamat was free from my old work place, but if you were going to invest in some just get a door kit. just cover up the holes on the door and remaining use it for the boot or where every u want. if short go to an Custom Audio installation centre and ask if they have left overs. if they do see how much it cost then u might get urself a deal.
Let the tunes decide
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

[quote="nvdfto"]heheh yeh having a sound system in it weight it up a lot but i perfer my tunes over speeding. but that doesnt mean i dont speed. it just takes time for me to reach the same speed as soneone else.
quote]

yeh im with you on that, im guessing the fto is all of our daily driver cars... i would rather have my music running that have an evo engine put in and being stuck bumper to bumper on the city streets. although id kill to have that on the motorways :)
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

yeh thats true.
but some people would just have the day to day system 1 sub decent amp but have power. its a wise choise to make. each person got their own tastes. i wouldnt mind the power but i need my tunes. :D
Let the tunes decide