are 30X's totally *~dreamy~* cars or what?

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

manofwood
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

are 30X's totally *~dreamy~* cars or what?

Post by manofwood »

i'm looking at buying another car and some 30X's pop up in my budget, i dont mind them ,but i dont want to look like a total fag, so i might just get a big ass hilux or 4runner etc.

opinions?
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

To be honest i think they are not bad looking but a bit of a girls car. Whats your price range arent they around the same price as an FTO. Why arent you getting another one
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

what's a 30X
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

maggsy wrote:what's a 30X
exactly what i was thinking !
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

I presume they are talking about the Mazda Eunos 30x.
1.8 Litre V6. 99kw.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Shahrez wrote:I presume they are talking about the Mazda Eunos 30x.
1.8 Litre V6. 99kw.
yep
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Yeah cool little car but definately for a girl.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, seen more chicks driving them then blokes ... But, when I bought the FTO, most people at work (and other friends) considered it as a girl car too ... So, moral, if you like it buy it ...

I would go after a hiluk .... Always wanted one....
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

That new TRD Hilux intrigues me. 225kw Supercharged.

Couple that to their 4wd system (they have a 4wd system right) and you might have something with a bit of go.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

They are quite revvy little things! But slightly *~delightful!~* and Indian since I seen a lot of them driving!

Buy one, you will definately be different Nathan.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Lol, they're not really my cup of tea, but my parents have one & my brother just bought one - told him to get an FTO but the Eunos was more in his price range.. there's a lot of them showing up cheap (around the 5k mark) & they have all the luxuries .. power windows, aircon, sunroof & are quite nice inside as well .. not a bad car IMO
Just wish Mazda had chucked a rotary under the hood :twisted:
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

i am definitely NOT in the budget price range for a TRD hilux, i'm talking around $4000, i dont want another FTO cos i loved mine and dont think i can get one any better than it.
30X's are like half the price of any FTO regardless of whats been done to them. I'm leaning way towards hilux/pathfinder for versatility.
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

manofwood wrote:i am definitely NOT in the budget price range for a TRD hilux, i'm talking around $4000, i dont want another FTO cos i loved mine and dont think i can get one any better than it.
30X's are like half the price of any FTO regardless of whats been done to them. I'm leaning way towards hilux/pathfinder for versatility.
yeah i just googled 30x when you first posted and it came up with a car slae for one going for 8,900, thtas why i asked what price range. Its not like i new the current market value.

For around the 4k mark definitly go for a hilux or celica (my g/f's got one and it goes like a rocket and so reliable and economical) or you could get a couple of excels :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I8A4RE wrote:you could get a couple of excels :lol:
He wants a car, not a f@gmobile :P
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

you buy a Hilux or a pathfinder & I'll hunt you down & slap some sense into you :Lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:you could get a couple of excels :lol:
He wants a car, not a f@gmobile :P
but he could get two or three for that price or just one FULLY SIK one, with a body kit and 13" chromies, a massive trolley spoiler, and 1.25" exhaust all the way through.......
**Runs off to sell fto and buy buy fully sik excel :lol:
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Hey buddy,

I think you should take things in a completely different direction.

You're buying a 30X cos they're small, light, sort of quick through twisties... but that's everything an FTO is, and the FTO does it tons better.

So you won't buy another FTO cos yours was special... well then don't buy a cheap imitation either, you'll just end up more frustrated.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

nicholas wrote:Hey buddy,

I think you should take things in a completely different direction.

You're buying a 30X cos they're small, light, sort of quick through twisties... but that's everything an FTO is, and the FTO does it tons better.

So you won't buy another FTO cos yours was special... well then don't buy a cheap imitation either, you'll just end up more frustrated.
Hmm ... I don't think he is buying the 30X to replicate an FTO ... He is buying a 30X as he is probably sick of getting about on his road/trail bike in cold and wet conditions.... Something that still looks sporty, goes good and is cheap ...

I can understand why he does not want another FTO ... If I had the same car he did, I would feel exactly the same way ...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

On a seperate note... Nath, what happened to the Celica up on the boder of QLD that you were talking about on the DIY day ... Maybe that could be an option ... ???
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Haha don't get me wrong mate, all I'm trying to say is that if you're looking at a 30X to offer an experience similar to an FTO for a third the price, don't do it as you'll only end up disappointed.