are 30X's totally *~dreamy~* cars or what?

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by rock_it »

nicholas wrote:Haha don't get me wrong mate, all I'm trying to say is that if you're looking at a 30X to offer an experience similar to an FTO for a third the price, don't do it as you'll only end up disappointed.
Yeah, you can say that about any FWD sports car ... The only other I think I would go for after the FTO may be a type r integra ....

You could pick up a Hyundai Coupe for less then the FTO ... Which, apart from being a Hyundai (I know I will get a bashing for this), it is not a bad car... The coupes when first out, were over 40k ... 2.0l engine ... although 4 cyl, they had some good features...

Hyundai's got a bad name cause of the Excel ... and yes, they were a cheap car ... I had a Sonata for 10 years, and it was no problem at all ... Was a great built car with lots of features .... Engine made by Mitsubishi, and served its purpose...
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

that celica's too far, and sounds the goods but at the end of the day, that thing will be trouble, and i will be in trouble cos my right foot has this problem where it keeps stomping on pedals.

Would be nice, but i have to stop buying things and doing them up, i wasted $11000 on a commo, and spent $6000 in 5 months on the FTO, which wasnt a waste at all 8)
time to grow up and come back to cars when i have a home to build them in.
by then it'll be like in demolition man where they find that oldsmobile 442 big block in the sewers (what the F**k is that?! that my friends, is a car)

Wasnt having a dig at you simon, someone mentioned a supercharged hilux, i cant even afford an AW11 supercharged MR2!

there were a few 30X's on ebay that were starting at $3-4000. i've seen about 20 30x's since i posted this, and all were chicks...scratch that idea

F**k it, im going versatility over performance/ looks. Pathfinder here i come, old carby goodness YAY 8O
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

i originally thought of 30x cos they are practically the same as the FTO, fwd, V6, 1.8litre though, just over a tonne, light compact and nimble. being eunos though, i wouldnt be too keen on anything breaking as i imagine parts would be rare as hens teeth.

cant root in them anyway.
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>