New rims

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

NightFire
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New rims

Post by NightFire »

Due to a rather annoying accident with a large rock and my rims (pics soon), I'm in the market to buy some new ones.
Whilst I don't want to copy what anyone has, I'd be interested in what brands other people have, and styles.
For some reason, I quite like OZ Racing Rims, but don't think I can get those, and I think I prefer 5 spoke rims. Still checking out sites for something I like though, but hope to order them this week (can't live on a space saver :(
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

mine came with some rather nifty Alessio 5 spoke 17s... nice wide agressive spoke, looks schmick:D

don't know where to get them here though (still cringing at the thought of what new rubber is gonna cost me too)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

OZ Racing rims are verrry expensive... i dunno what your budget is like but with $$, you can get any rims you want (if it comes with the PCD and stud pattern that is required).

Personally if i had to get a 5-spoke, yeah i'd either get the OZ Chrono or some deeeeep-dished Works Meister S1s... (not cheap at $1500 a pop!)
NightFire
Apprentice

Post by NightFire »

Well, after looking around, I have found that there are a lot of nice rims, and most of them won't fit the FTO :(
A nice site is www.modifymycar.com , which lets you look at your car with some mags (3 brands).
Thanks for the advice GPXXX, your right OZ are very expensive, and luckily (unluckily?) they don't get imported to NZ much.
Ended up getting some 5zigen ones, and 4 new tyres :( There are a lot of rubbish looking rims out there, and I wish I could have more to choose from ,but oh well, will just be nice to not drive on a space saver!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

wow, didn't realise you're from NZ hehe... 5zigen rims sounds great, any pics? how much did you pay for them and what size??
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Go for the "Bling Bling" Rims and get 20" chromies. When I got my rims, the guy put a 20" wheel to show me what they look like on a FTO. They looked awesome, then he told me the price... $2800 each!! So I decided to stick to 18"
NightFire
Apprentice

Post by NightFire »

Theres some pics of them on www.yhi.co.nz , I can't give the exact link to them, as Flash isn't working on my XP64 machine :(
THe guy rang me today, and said the 17" ones we priced and ordered to fit the FTO, so I need to get the 18" ones :( Thats an extra $500 I don't want to spend, so I'm checking if I can get something different. The price will now be close to $3k, and thats $3k more than I want to spend!

Not sure I'm keen on $2800 rims! Imagine the cost + tyres!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

man you should get the FN01RC... looks immaculate!! :D
NightFire
Apprentice

Post by NightFire »

:( They were one of my first choice rims... guess what.. no can fit the FTO..
Anyway, I picked out some new ones, and I am damn pleased with them. I'll post some picks soon. I got something, which i think looks better, and with better tyres (Falken something or rathers..) for less money, so I am a very happy chappy!
NightFire
Apprentice

Post by NightFire »

Okay, heres two snaps of my new rims. Ended up buying Racing Hart T5s.

www.tawa.co.uk/rugbyxv/p1010131%20copy.jpg
www.tawa.co.uk/rugbyxv/p1010132%20copy.jpg
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

very nice.......

SilentBob
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

nice wheels, but what's with all the weight to get it balanced? That's a sh*t load of weight, normally there's only one or two weights per wheel, not 8-10!
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

well that depends on the person changing the tyres, i've seen a guy ran out of the heavy single one, so he use sh*t load of light weight instead.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
NightFire
Apprentice

Post by NightFire »

Yeah, I thought there were a few weights on there. I get a free balance in a few weeks time, once 'everything has settled down', so I'll have a chat to them then..
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

those wheels looks great! :lol:

congrats on your purchase... ;)