Sound System

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MIVEC_GPX
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sound System

Post by MIVEC_GPX »

hey guys,

bought my whole stereo system and i have already run the amp kit to the boot. all i gotta do now is run speaker wire to the doors and connect everything up. does anyone have any advice about any of this or should i just pay someone to install it all??
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Just give it a go ya self and if you fail get some one eles to do it :)
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

eThix wrote:Just give it a go ya self and if you fail get some one eles to do it :)

;) ...give it a go...cos you are at some point, for some reason, going to need to know how the crappy plastic panels in the fto work. :)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah man have a go it is abit of fun me and a mate did mine and we didnt finish until 1 am haha on a work night haha we took our tym and i feel gud nowing that i did it all and i now how it all works if sumting brakes down. But now after putting it all in my alternator is fucked
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

nvr2low wrote:yeah man have a go it is abit of fun me and a mate did mine and we didnt finish until 1 am haha on a work night haha we took our tym and i feel gud nowing that i did it all and i now how it all works if sumting brakes down. But now after putting it all in my alternator is fucked
+1 knowing how to wire things up and knowing where everything goes is just the fun of it. but if your totally unsure of what your doing then i'd go with the pros
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Have a go at wiring it up yourself.. you can find the wiring colour codes if you do a search..
MIVEC_GPX
Grease Monkey

Post by MIVEC_GPX »

ive had a go but we had to stop because i had to bring my car in for a service. we came across a massive problem though. the guy that wired it up in the 1st place cut all the wires at the back of the deck and i dunno what he did but what might be a blue wire coming out of the deck could be a red wire that connects to the speakers so its a bit confusing. We also couldnt finish because we have no idea of how to get cable from the deack to the speaker in the door. how are you supposed to get to the door?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

So i hope your running all new speaker wire..... yes? Getting the wire to the door isnt that hard, you just run it through the grommet with all the factory wiring .

1) pull grommet out of door and cabin frame so its just hanging there
2) thread wire out of grommet hole (cabin side) from inside hte car
3) now tape the end of the wire to a flat bladed screwdriver and thread it through the black grommet till the end is sticking out.
4) undo tape remove screwdriver and just thread wire in to the hole in the door and down to speaker.

easy
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RK1-WhiteKnight
Apprentice

Post by RK1-WhiteKnight »

I got mine through the grommet back alley abortion style, coat hanger and a sh*t load of CRC :lol: