are Soundstream TARANTULA 6.5" good for the front doors

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

CRZY46
jedwabna poszewka promocja

are Soundstream TARANTULA 6.5" good for the front doors

Post by CRZY46 »

hey everyone ive got my double headunit in safe now the front speakers im thinking Soundstream TARANTULA TRC 6.5" 2Way Component System has anyone got an idea bout these and if they any good? thankx
<div><u><strong>CRZY46 is driving a Green FTO with Angel Eyes, Neons Check it out always near  Melbourne CBD</strong></u><u><strong></u></div><strong><br></strong>
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: are Soundstream TARANTULA 6.5" good for the front d

Post by rock_it »

CRZY46 wrote:hey everyone ive got my double headunit in safe now the front speakers im thinking Soundstream TARANTULA TRC 6.5" 2Way Component System has anyone got an idea bout these and if they any good? thankx
Never used em, but what is your budget ...
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

as stated whats you budget? & what have you previously owned?Ive heard a couple of sets and found the tweeters bright. personally id be looking for alpine type x's, rainbows or dls's.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

The 6.5"s that I swear by are Boston Pro ... But at about $800-900 they tend to not be as comon ... I have seen them on ebay for a little cheaper though ...

They are great speakers that I swear by ... You just can't kill them, no matter how hard you try ... lol ...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys i got infinty 6.5 inch splits and i reeckon they kick ass they were 500 but they are so clear and loud
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

the older boston pros are awesome. ive not heard the new ones. infinity have always made nice speakers. personally soundstream are like sony- they are marketing companies first and foremost. so a lot of their profits go into marketing rather than research and development. look at what happened to earthquake. years ago they were held on high because they were run by engineers striving to build bigger and better products. now they are run by marketing and sell generic amps and subs probably made in sweatshop somewhere. thats not to say sony and soundstream dont make good gear though.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

I've got a new set of boston pro's...

pumping 360Wrms into them... They are awesome...

Worth a plenty though...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

if your not fussed about new gear id look at second hand boston pro's, Alpine type x's, or dls up6's. infinity components can be found at good prices if you shop around.
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

+1 for Boston Pro :P :P
CRZY46

Post by CRZY46 »

thankx guys ill start shopping around, im guessing ill go for the type X alpines,,,in the meantime heres my rear setup with fusion 12" tube that pumps pretty hardcore seeing it has in built amp and retails bout $299 took me all of 10 mins to setup with exsisting wire in the back lol
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=33117112
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=33117155
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=33117090
<div><u><strong>CRZY46 is driving a Green FTO with Angel Eyes, Neons Check it out always near  Melbourne CBD</strong></u><u><strong></u></div><strong><br></strong>
poahfto
Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

lol dude i got that fusion bass tube.

first thing you should do is change the amp, its pretty sh*tty.

and you'll also notice that the tube is more punchy than boomy.

so basically what i'm doing is geting rid of the tube.

sticking the 12" in a box, getting another 12" and boxing it.

connecting the new bigger amp to those two subs

and connecting my 6"splits and 6x9s to the fusion amp.

will sound a sh*t load better.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

i got Alpine Type X's in my car for splits and also 6x9's running off a 4channel alpine amp it kicks ass oh and of course i haeva sub to haha
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

hey there CRZY46,

if your planing to go for good competition speakers u should go for the soundstream:

Fronts: TRC.6N tarantula series
Rears: SST6.5 or SSt 6.9 (i perfer SST6.5) tarantula series
Mono: LW4.480 (little wonder) resonable for 1 sub. if u want to go compettition go for the tarantula that will blow ya mind.
Amp: TRA680.4 (tarantula series) <-- good powerful amp
Sub: RFW-12 reference series
even better sub: T4-12 nice sound quality base pumping sub

for cheap stuff gor for Alpine type R system set up but not u'll need a good set of AMP and MONO block for future use with no regrets. make sure u get an powerful amp or else u will have problems later on if wanting to upgrade,

other recommended brands: Orion, MBquart, Pioneer, Fusion, Rockford, JLAudio mainly american brands are good for sound sytems.

Head units: Apline or Pioneer (NOTHING ELSE)

hope this helps
Let the tunes decide
.:[Bosch Australia Automotive Department]:.