DYNO DAY: 17 April, 2004

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBob
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by SilentBob »

Well decided the scanner needed to be dusted off, so here is the dyno chart....
didnt reach speed limiter(dunno bout rev limiter) but the curve doesnt exactly level off.....

Pretty happy seein as thats stock everything except the unique exhaust pipe mod...

I like the smooth Mivec transition...

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Teania wrote: The biggest gain was putting the CAI on TJ2709 - jump from 99.6 up to 105.1..... 5.5kw gain...
:shock: damn that's a great improvement just for CAI alone...

omg, after seeing Sentry's dyno i can't believe how much loss there is when MIVEC kicks in on the GPX tip... that might be the reason why GAV's GR was kicking GPXs LoL... ;)
dl_archangel
Apprentice

Post by dl_archangel »

:cry: Feeling the pain for all that were invloved including myself (at the back :oops: )
Brake upgrade is being taken into account, just curious as to what brakes u have in urs steve? And how much they cost? And from where?

At the stage of looking for a new front end, anyone know of a good place to get my Blue GR fixed? Prob take the opertunity to get a stylish bumper so if anyone knows where i can obtain one too that would be great. Steve u mentioned that veilside copies for about $500 could be bought, just wondering where i could find them at?
Any help would be greatly appreciated too.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

you can get Veilside kits from just about any place that sells bodykits like either Unique, Jetspeed or X-Racing... just think twice before getting one from Carmate, coz apparently the quality leaves a lot to be desired...
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

dl_archangel wrote::cry: Feeling the pain for all that were invloved including myself (at the back :oops: )
Brake upgrade is being taken into account, just curious as to what brakes u have in urs steve? And how much they cost? And from where?
In regards to the accident on the cruise, what exactly happened? Since everyone is talking brake upgrades, I'm ammusing that the common sense approach of keeping your distance from the car in front was followed?
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

Teania wrote::? Yeah - just had a look at my chart from yest - and it does drop off.... don't have a scanner so can;t put up my chart though'

Cheers
T
:D
hey tania, was yours also done in 2nd gear? as sentry's results show, only 120kph was reahed which mean it was done in 2nd

and UAS reckoned that speed limiter was reached on most of them... somethings not right..
Disrespect is easy. Respect is the difficult road to take.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

ok guys, read the other topic
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... c&start=80

it looks like for the manuals ftos, we didnt reach our peak power due to the speed limiter, except for tj2709, since he has the safc ii (hence, speed is de-limited, we can confirm if we can see his graph) i was thinking that my car should be able to pump out more... :roll:

i reckon i should be able get at least over 110kw, most likely around 115kw

would UAS re-run the manuals in 3rd gear? or wait for us to de-limiteours...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

manuals were run in third gear.
tips were run in second gear.

re brake upgrades:
we haven't looked at a kit yet for the GR however i'm sure we could do one at an affordable rate we'll just need to borrow a GR for a few days. (i will also need to know how much interest there is for a GR kit).

the bare min you should do is upgrade your pads to RB74's (i'm pretty sure they make them for the GR) from racebrakes. there are a lot of us using them here and are definately a high respected brake compound. The only criticism is the amount of brake dust.

The accident whilst really unfortunate is a reminder to everyone that you MUST keep a safe distance between cars, this was a low speed accident (we were doing about 30-40km/h when i slowed us down to turn left). It is just as important to keep your concentration at low speeds as it is at higher speeds.

Jetspeed and Unique Sell the VS C1 kit (which i think looks a lot better than the original kit) Carmate sell the original kit -most body shops buy from carmate. The advantage of buying a Carmate kit from another shop is you don't have to put up with all of CM's poor sevice and other sh*t, for this you will pay a couple of extra %.

Regarding the MIVEC loss, by adding our mods such as engine pipes and CAI stage II kit it reduces the loss substantially and are a great investment.

I have setup a Dyno Day section in the Gallery can everyone please upload pic's / dyno prints there.

thanks
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

picture gallery can be found here:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... all&gid=42

upload here:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... &do=upload

(don't forget the set your category to the 2004 dyno day not the earlier one)
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

smorison wrote:manuals were run in third gear.
steve, i just spoke with the UAS crew, and they were done in 4th for the manuals... the one with safc-ii kept going to 190kph and continued to make power.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

G1 wrote:
smorison wrote:manuals were run in third gear.
steve, i just spoke with the UAS crew, and they were done in 4th for the manuals... the one with safc-ii kept going to 190kph and continued to make power.
oh ok i thought they said to me they were doing them in third....
plaYboY

Post by plaYboY »

that nitrous additive made considreable gains even on my car
[nuff sed]