Playstation II in Glovebox

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Raven
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Playstation II in Glovebox

Post by Raven »

hey all, this is directed to these who have a PS2 in there Glove box. i am currently fitting mine in there right now but have hit a problem, the ps2 is a perfect fit into the glovebox itself, i put a small piece of wood under the PS2 to raise it slightly inside, however the problem is the AV multi out, and the power in on the ps2, where the cords plug into the console is the same place the hinge is on the glovebox, and its making it real real hard to have there as it wont close properly. and i cant mover the PS2 side to side to avoid the prob as it fits into the glove box like a glove.

im wondering how anyone have over come this problem?

thanks, Tom
Whats an FTO?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

well, its in now but it was dodgy trying to avoid the hinge.

thanks anyway, tom
Whats an FTO?
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Tom, you can overcome that issue by cutting into the rear wall of the glovebox facing you when the glovebox is open. I too have the PS2 sitting on a slither of wood to raise it level and it all closes up perfectly cords included.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I cut the hole at the back of the glove box just above the hinge. However I had to bend the AV cords and I used a different power cable. The power cable is universal, so you can use any one with the same connection. I managed to find one that is smaller and can be bent behind the PS2.

And If I were you, I would use sponge on the bottom of the PS2 rather than wood, because it absorbs the shock when you go over humps. If you use wood, every time you go over a bump, the PS2 will jump and pause. And it is bloody annoying!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

DZYRME wrote:I cut the hole at the back of the glove box just above the hinge. However I had to bend the AV cords and I used a different power cable. The power cable is universal, so you can use any one with the same connection. I managed to find one that is smaller and can be bent behind the PS2.

And If I were you, I would use sponge on the bottom of the PS2 rather than wood, because it absorbs the shock when you go over humps. If you use wood, every time you go over a bump, the PS2 will jump and pause. And it is bloody annoying!
But of course your not driving while your playing or watching tv anyway.. because that would be... illigal.. right... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :P
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

the ps2 is in now so im happy but i did cut the back of the glovebox out (part of it anyway). and i also used a different power cord (smaller one). and the av multi out is still right on the hinge but its bent enought not to get in the way. i have mine on a piece of wood and about 3mm of spongey foam so its ok while driving.

thanks for info guys hope this helps anyone else planing the same thing.
Whats an FTO?
Paul_GPvR

Post by Paul_GPvR »

could anyone share some detailed pics on this??

I'm thinking of sticking a ps2 in soon, either in glove box or arm rest thingy!?

thanks for anyhelp whatsoever.

Paul :D
<P>Black 98' GPvR</P>
<P>Clear Front/Side Repeaters<BR>Apexi Intake<BR>17" BK 320's<BR>Camskill Discs & Pagid Pads<BR>Apex Lowering Springs<BR>SS Front Mesh<BR>Good ICE<BR>+ Lots More!</P>