Powering Cold Cathodes

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

CElliott
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Powering Cold Cathodes

Post by CElliott »

When i buy my FTO one of the first mods i do to it will be putting cold cathodes in the footwells. I have found these ones which are sound activated and have a switch. obviously it needs to be hooked up to the battery, but i am wondering which is the best wire to splice it off. I would prefer something that is getting power while the car is on so i can chose when to have them on. (not just when the doors are open for example).

http://www.mittoni.com.au/thermaltake-g ... -2062.html
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

any accessory wire just get out volt meter and start testing eg: the one coming from stereo acc or back of cig lighter is good start
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:any accessory wire just get out volt meter and start testing eg: the one coming from stereo acc or back of cig lighter is good start
+1 or just hook it up to the light of the cigarette lighter so it only comes on when you have your lights on. You only see it at night time anyway :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
CElliott

Post by CElliott »

ah ok thanks, i was thinking about hooking it up to something gets power when the lights are on. thanks guys.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

I8A4RE wrote:
vipfto wrote:any accessory wire just get out volt meter and start testing eg: the one coming from stereo acc or back of cig lighter is good start
+1 or just hook it up to the light of the cigarette lighter so it only comes on when you have your lights on. You only see it at night time anyway :D
Do you mean when the rear mirror lights are on? the setup i want is, i would wire the cathodes, 2 in the passenger side and foot well and 2 in the driver's, then when i turn on the passenger rear mirror light, their cathodes turn on with it, same as the passenger's, but im guessing with this setup, the cathodes have to be wired with the rear mirror lights..
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
Baby_Girl
Apprentice

Post by Baby_Girl »

i have my hooked upto a switch when my car gets home i can let u no what we used...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Gholdwayne wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
Do you mean when the rear mirror lights are on? the setup i want is, i would wire the cathodes, 2 in the passenger side and foot well and 2 in the driver's, then when i turn on the passenger rear mirror light, their cathodes turn on with it, same as the passenger's, but im guessing with this setup, the cathodes have to be wired with the rear mirror lights..
No mate when your headlights are on.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

has anyone done a setup where the cathodes or neons are wired with the rearview mirror lights ? so the cathodes turn on with the corresponding left or right rearview mirror light
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yes it has been done, and as easy as it sounds