Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

REGISTER FOR THE MULTISTATE CRUISE

Post by smorison »

Interstate Cruise Coming to a coastal Town near you

VICTORIA / ACT / NEW SOUTH WALEs

We are finalising details of our first interstate cruise to the little country town of Mallacota. We have almost finished negotiations with the Motel for hiring the entire place. Unfortunately due to the size of Maroota we will probably be limited to around 35-40 Cars.

The cruise will most likely happen in late May or June. Stay tuned for more information

Please put your name on the list if you are interested in attending. More details to follow shortly
Last edited by smorison on Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

I should be on the attendee list, work permitting....

SilentBob
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

is this place Moruya? or moroota?

Moruya is sth coast... and i think Moroota is Nth coast

jono
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

haha did tanya make a mistook??? hang on i'll check it all shortly

its the south coast... lovely little village about to be invaded by FTO's!!!! :) :D :S :evil: :twisted:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:oops: whoops - sorry guys got my Mallacootas and Marootas and etc.... mixed up :oops:

It's definitely Mallacoota :P
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

hell yeah im down for that.....IF i still have the car then.
FOULZ
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

FOULZ wrote:hell yeah im down for that.....IF i still have the car then.
who cares :)
come anyway mate...

you can make the coffee's in the morning ;) :P

btw mate PM me with the wedding we'll have to do you a drive by (even though your exiting) oh yeah and i need to give you back your wheeeeels
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D C'mon guys & gals!! Only SilentBob and Foulz have said yes so far (apart from Steve & GF, Kaveman and myself).

Just think how the photos alone will look all those FTO's against a beach/sea backdrop!

According to some friends in VIC - Mallacoota is very nice.
The place we are checking out sounds good We'll let you know more after we check it out in person.

Cheers
Tanya :P
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D We're back - we survived - the car went awesome - some good roads - took photos :D

Keep watching this thread - Steve will fill in the rest :P
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

im in
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D It'll be a blast! The place is cool - the places are quite unique. It doesn't even get too cold - the places have wood heaters (wood supplied) just in case.

Even the wildlife is super friendly - especially the possum that pigged out on 3 WHOLE pieces of thick bread was! :P

Cheers
Tanya
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Sounds the goods. One question atm, how long was the drive there?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D ummm... Steve? How long was the actual drive? (minus the wrong turn I took... oops 8) I mean the scenic slight detour) less all the time we took stopping and checking out photo spots?

Cheers
Tanya
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

umm drive time is kind of hard to estimate for the group but we plan to make a day of the trip (i.e. plenty of stops a photo shoot along the way) some of the tourist drives total time will be around the 7 1/2 hour mark.

why are we doing it this way? a lot of our members wouldn't be able to cope with a pretty much non-stop drive like we did to get there. apart from a breaky stop and a couple of 5 minute breaks for pee'ing we didn't stop and did the trip in just over 6 hours (which includes Tanya's wrong turn)
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

smorison wrote:why are we doing it this way? a lot of our members wouldn't be able to cope with a pretty much non-stop drive like we did to get there.
Thanks for the answer Steve. I just wanted an idea of how long it'd take and glad to hear there'll be numerous stops on the way as I manage to get a sore arse from driving to the city on the M4, so I believe a much longer trip with no stops would cause me permanent injury. :lol:
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

hi, have we got some definite dates already??
cheers :D
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Looking at weekend of the 5th of June.

Cheers
Tanya
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

oh bummer, i get back from overseas on the sunday of that weekend :cry:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D OK - some more info :D

As you know, we checked out Mallacoota over the weekend.

Cruise Date: 5th June (option to stay Sun night as well 6th June)

Accomodation: The place we checked out has several different types of accomodation - one place is a big 2 storey joint with SEVEN bedrooms and several bathrooms. Polished wood floors, kitchens etc...... Raaawwwtthher fancy. There is also a 3 bedroom farmhouse with King/ Queen and Single bed bedrooms. Plus heaps of 2 bedroom flats.

This gives people a lot of choice - people can either share or have private rooms - whatever. When you are confirming, please let me know your choice.

Cost:- At this stage it looks to be around $70.00 per first person, for those of you who choose to bring a partner - there would be a reduced price for them of somewhere round the $40.00 mark.....

What do you get for your money?? Accomodation, Dinner Sat night - including drinks - prob beer/ wine/ softdrinks and breakfast on the Sunday morning.

All of this will be confirmed shortly - I am waiting to get final prices back from a few places regarding the dinner Sat night.

We are planning rest stops and photo shoots along the way, it is a longer drive than some people are probably used to - so we will be doing the stop/revive/survive thing regularly.

All in all it will be a great weekend. Please PM me if you are interested in coming so I can make sure I pre-book enough accomodation.

Cheers
Tanya
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »