FTO AUST MALLACOOTA MULTISTATE CRUISE - IT'S ON!!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBob
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by SilentBob »

haha
come on it wasnt that complex :P
ie close=easily discount cause you can get it via me
far away=harder, couriers and stuff=hassle :) but do-able sometimes

simple

SilentBob
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

heheheh yeah i know i know, sorry mate like i said it was a miss read. So can i send those pain in the ass customer to u then?? hehehehe :twisted:

Just curious which store u work at in Newcastle?? actually u better reply this with "new topic" at "general", cause others states might be interested on what u got to offer, plus u & i won't get spank for hiijacking this post 8O
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

too late...!! (brings out the whip) :P:lol:
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

FTO338 wrote: Just curious which store u work at in Newcastle?? actually u better reply this with "new topic" at "general", cause others states might be interested on what u got to offer, plus u & i won't get spank for hiijacking this post 8O
Im to lazy, so ill do it here
Its actually WorldWide Appliances, most people wouldnt know it cause its not a large franchise, though a large central coast/newcastle group of 3 stores...
and we get the occasional cool toy in to :)

products, well the usual things youd find at places like JB/Domayne/Harveys(minus the furniture and lawnmowers :) )

Brands, umm Bose/Yamaha/Sony/Definitive Technology/Martin Logan/JBL/Kodak/Olympus/Canon/Sony/LG/Panasonic/Loewe/NEC/Fuji...blah blah blah

SilentBob
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Car audio by anychance, i know u guys should able to get them. And if u can, u reckon u can do a group buy???

I came up 2 Newcastle few times before, but each time is either for work or just for few hrs.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Kev, if you want good deals on ICE speak to Brendan.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah i know mikey, but i want to haggle. Ppppllllllllleeeeeeaaassseeeee
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

hehe we can, but we dont stock it..(but only from brands like pana and sony....)
so not really viable, as JB usually sell the stuff for close to cost anyway

though 2 guys/friends i use to work with now work at the new JB on the central coast, so i could quite easily approach them for pricing on things in the car audio section....im sure id get it damn close to bottom dollar via them

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

HEADS UP EVERYONE!

Post by GPXXX »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

Please note that this event has been confirmed to go ahead for 5th June 2004.

If you are serious about attending this awesome event, we will need your confirmation accompanied by a 50% deposit to be paid into a nominated account as soon as possible by 1st April (RSVP 20th March).

Costs are as follows:
Deposit = 50% of cost per night per person.

So for example:
1 person 1 night = $35.00
2 people 1 night = $55.00
2 people 2 nights = $85.00

For those who are coming, we also need to know the following for each car that is coming along:

1. How many people?
2. are they sharing a bed or 2 single beds?
3. any special requirements? vegetarian/disability/medication etc
4. how many nights are you staying over?

A webform shall be available by the end of today, however you may either PM me or any of the club moderators for account details and payment instructions in the interim. I am happy to answer your queries over the phone by calling me on 0401-136-103 if you prefer.

* For more information about this event, you may download a cruise information pack by clicking
HERE

THIS IS GONNA BE ONE HELL OF A PARTY SO DON'T MISS OUT ON THE EVENT OF THE YEAR!! :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Just a little more info for a quick glance:

------------------------------------
Cruise Date: 5th June (option to stay Sun night as well 6th June)

Accomodation: The place we checked out has several different types of accomodation - one place is a big 2 storey joint with SEVEN bedrooms and several bathrooms. Polished wood floors, kitchens etc...... Raaawwwtthher fancy. There is also a 3 bedroom farmhouse with King/ Queen and Single bed bedrooms. Plus heaps of 2 bedroom flats. Pics are available from the cruise information pack.

This gives people a lot of choice - people can either share or have private rooms - whatever. When you are confirming, please let me know your choice.

Cost:- At this stage it looks to be around $70.00 per first person, for those of you who choose to bring a partner - there would be a reduced price for them of somewhere round the $40.00 mark.....

What do you get for your money?? Accomodation, Dinner Sat night - including drinks - prob beer/ wine/ softdrinks and breakfast on the Sunday morning.

We are planning rest stops and photo shoots along the way, it is a longer drive than some people are probably used to - so we will be doing the stop/revive/survive thing regularly.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Hi guys

its time to RSVP for the cruise, places are limited so RSVP early so as not to miss out. Please use this form to confirm your registration.

Register Here

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules/rsvp_mallacoota/
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Ok folks, so far we have:

Kev (FTO338)
Mil (FTOLuv)
James (Supplanter)
Alex (RXBOY)
Patrick (Patty)
Myself (GPXXX)
Chris (not sure on the forum name?? :roll:)
Ethan (Slither)
Naomi (Nimz)
Peter (Andux)

edit: Attendee list updated.

We regret that all spots have now been taken - thank you for all those who have expressed their interest/support.
Last edited by GPXXX on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

hey guys... I'm sorry I won't be attending, especially since I had the luck to come back down the pacific Hwy from cann river on Monday... It's a fantastic drive! beautiful scenery and lots of fast corners - just watch out for the caravans. It's definitely FTO cruising country :D:D:D

on that note - there are some MAJOR construction works about 50k east of Orbost on the way to Cann River - looks like there was a landslide and they're making some repairs - nothing major, and the roads aren't closed, just some bottlenecks. Roadworks are expected to last until 26/6 so I just thought I'd post a note about them. This should only affect the Victorians
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

thanks for the heads up Rudi!

too bad you couldn't join us - woulda been lotsa fun! :D
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

yeah it's a bugger that I can't get away :( especially having just done part of that run too.... if you haven't done it before you're gonna love it

already planning my next major road trip, only it's not always easy to get time off work...

i'll be jealously awaiting the photos though.....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

OK folks, here are the pre-meet details for the Mallacoota cruise:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What: FTO Australia Club Launch / Multistate Cruise
When: Saturday 5th June 2004
Where: Mallacoota

Pre-Meet: Chadstone Shopping Centre (Melway ref map 69, D4: sheltered car park opposite Maccas right at the corner of Chadstone Rd and Dandenong Rd) @ Top Level
Meeting time: 0830hrs
Departure: 0900hrs SHARP

** Members are strongly advised to have their fuel tanks filled up beforehand and be there on time so we can have ample time to organise and tune our 2-way CB radios with one another and discuss final preparations (fuel stops/breaks/drinks/payment/cruise groups etc)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the long distance of driving, we will have regular cruise breaks along the way for drivers to have a breather or stretch their legs every now and then in the interests of safety.

Planned breaks are as follows:

1st break:
Distance: approx 1hr 45mins from Melb
Duration: 20mins
Purpose: Morning coffee/toilet break/snack

2nd break:
<unfortunately the 2nd break had to be cancelled due to time constraints>

3rd break:
Distance: approx 1hr 30mins from Sale
Duration: 1hr 20mins
Purpose: lunch break & photo shoot (by the pier/bay)

4th break:
Distance: approx 1hr from Lakes Entrance
Duration: 20mins
Purpose: fuel stop & driver/toilet break
** this will be our last break before our final leg to Mallacoota - note that the above times are conservatively timed.

We should expect to arrive at Mallacoota before 1600pm if all goes to plan.

Usual rules apply - abide by road laws, no burnouts and no heros with something to prove.
Last edited by GPXXX on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

GPXXX wrote: Usual rules apply - abide by road laws, no burnouts and no heros with something to prove.
hahaha.... u said that before the PI cruise as well Mikey, and everyone drove 120 km/h all the way. What's the rush? 8O

By the way, other than bed linen and towels is there anything else we should bring? Are blankets and pillows provided?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

rxboy wrote:
GPXXX wrote: Usual rules apply - abide by road laws, no burnouts and no heros with something to prove.
hahaha.... u said that before the PI cruise as well Mikey, and everyone drove 120 km/h all the way. What's the rush? 8O
i have no idea what you're talking about Alex LoL... perhaps you should get your speedo checked? as far as i'm aware, everybody was very well behaved... weren't we all? ;)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

also please note, the pre-meet is at the shopping centre's top level car park in the corner of Chadstone and Dandenong Rd...

Big props to Shannon (jester) for the head's up re car park opening times... ;)

Cheers! :D

edit: Those who are unable to attend the Mallacoota club launch for the weekend are still more than welcome to join us and participate in the cruise anyway... Also please note the recent changes to our scheduled cruise breaks.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i reckon we still need some of toilet break for the 2nd break also so we can get out and stretch out legs!! make it a quick 15 minute break, thats not gonna hurt the time constraints.