EOI: DIY Service Day

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: DIY Service Day

Post by FtoSam »

After having a whinge to Sammi about having to do a big service on the FTO, she said she had to do the same...

So i thought, why not do it together... Share expertise and give a helping hand...

What i hope to achieve is:
- Replace all 4 Brake pads
- Replace all 6 Spark Plugs
- Replace all Leads with Magnecor Leads
- Change oil and Filter
- Change Gearbox Oil
- Coolant Flush and Refill
- Delaminating Headlights Fix

Dont know if i'd get it all done in one day, but i'd definately like to try...

So just seeing if there's the interest at this stage... Got to find somewhere suitable to do it too...
Last edited by FtoSam on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
zaskar98
Apprentice

Post by zaskar98 »

Would certainly be interested as new to FTO and still finding my way around it. Had 'fun' trying to do clearances and plugs last week :roll:
Simon
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

my engine will be going in soon so i wont be needing to do any serviceing in the engine bay.

might give my lights another sand though.

when will this happen i need to organise my days with work.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah i have no problem helping ppl with their cars, sam that should be definitly do-able, as long as all the parts are there are theres no wasted time having to drive and get stuff. I move into the new house on wednesday so we could even do it there if ppl wanted to as i cant really be fucked dragging my tools around the place.

ps sam there are only 3 leads to replace
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeh I'll be up for this one as well..even to help out with a few things really. When were you's thinking of organising this one? I was planning on just taking my bitch to j&r's to get some sh*t done.

I want to change my plugs, leads, gearbox oil, possibly p/s fluid and coolant flush and also a fucked power steering boot. Btw, anyone know where I can get the ps boot from (besides mistubishi) and the magnecor leads. Called up a place recommended by mr charisma and they wanted $280 for the 3 leads. Is that the rrp???
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Thundercords
Unit 2, 20 Crescent Street,
GRANVILLE, NSW 2142

Phone: (02) 9897-3777

$135 + $15 Express post

maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

yano28 wrote:I was planning on just taking my bitch to j&r's to get some sh*t done.
good luck with that......(if you've been reading my engine swap thread you'd know what i mean. ;) )
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah i dont know if i would be taking my car there now
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
zaskar98
Apprentice

Post by zaskar98 »

Anything happening with this Sam? I'm not working this weekend for a change and would really like to pick up a few pointers from the experts, beg/borrow/make valve clearance adjusting tool.
Simon MkII
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

I would be interested in this. Any idea of when or where yet?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

First step is we need a place to do it...

Then we'll organise a day...

zaskar98
Apprentice

Post by zaskar98 »

I think my namesake offered the services of his new place :!:
Simon II
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Simon, Is your new place have enough room? Is it flat hard ground? Pics?

MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

like i said to sam im more than happy to do it here but as some of you know i have a sloping driveway with two spots outside the garage and two inside which you could only fit one car in because of all the crap in there :P

theres a spot around the side that could fit two but wouldnt reccomend for oil changes or jacking the car up....

SOMEONE has to have a flatter surface :P

BUT! im all keen still havent gotten around to sourcing parts :( i will at some stage might try and cut a deal with the wankers down @ autobarn as they seem to think they know me ??? and its handy as its down the road from my place so if we need any extra bits n bobs :)
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Sammy what parts are you after??? I've sourced iridium spark plugs for $14 ea delivered ($12.95 ea plus $10 delivery fee) and 3L's of redline shockproof gear oil for $80 delivered through a supplier. He has royal purple, castrol, mobil, redline and lubricants and ngk products pretty cheap. If your stuck with any of those things & autobarn won't go cheaper, I'll be happy to give you this guy's details. Oh yeh and magnecore leads were $131 delivered :D
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

I have an almost flat driveway and double lock up garage at mine. Parking shouldnt be too much of a problem either.
zaskar98
Apprentice

Post by zaskar98 »

Stillborn idea :?: :cry:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah my driveway is sloping so probably do it somewhere else. However i have a nice clean double garage. Im not moving my toolbox its way too heavy so where ever we do it, it must have decent tools there
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Lol... i ended up getting a guy at work to do everything for $50... lol

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

well if anyone else needs any help let me know