Dyno Day - Envy Imports

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dyno Day - Envy Imports

Post by Bennoz »

Hey guys, the long awaited Envy Imports relaunch & Dyno day is now on.

Date: Saturday 16th of August
Time: First runs will begin from 7am onwards
Where: At the rear of 3 Powells Rd, Brookvale - entry via Mitchell St (See map below)
Also note, that this is not the Envy workshop, the building is branded "Goodspanner." This is where they dyno is located at the rear of.
The Envy workshop is round the corner on Wattle St.

Runs are $50 each & you'll get your print out with choices of Kws / Air-Fuel / Torque readings. Please have your tyre pressure set to 40psi for those wanting a run. Mechanics will be checking that & the general well being of the car - including oil levels & belt conditions - before running the car up. NOS refills are going to be available on the day as well :D Will be a busy day, with numbers reportedly of up to 100 cars coming down, including some 500kw+ monster Sky1ines.

I'll probably be heading down about 11am. Welcome to convoy with me if you like. Just send me a PM & we can go from my place.

I can introduce you to all the guys that work down there & would be a good opportunity to talk with some very experienced jap import mechanics.

Aza, please pass on to Mitsi Club as well. The invite also extends to them.

New Envy website (proudly hosted by your truly) is here:

http://www.envyimports.com.au/

Map:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

ok I will do that mate, and I should be in for the day to :twisted: will have to get down and see them befor the day to get some things fixed for the run :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I gotta source them a copy of Win 98 so they can do the Unichips 8O
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

mmmmm I will have a look around I think I may still have a coppy of that some place :roll:
I will let you know.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its ok, found it.
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Lol I bet you did. Just need a cd now eh?
Resident Asshole.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Had some spare blanks too :lol:

Here's the official invite :)

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Comon folks, only $50 for a run up is a bargain! :)
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i dont want to pay $50 to see myself pull 2 digit kWs :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I thought you were into pulling with 2 digits... or is that pushing :lol:
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Sorry mate... I'm doing a dyno before and after I do my CAI.
I've done the first dyno run, but haven't done the CAI and won't get it done before the weekend :lol:

Should be a good day but... I'd drop in but I've got semi finals to play.
Resident Asshole.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

so how did it go Ben ?
I am so ticked off that I could not get to this one :evil: F#@%ing work stuffing my pay up :evil:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah lets see some of those charts :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well, over all, it was a hugely successful day. A steady flow of hot cars all the way from 7am to 9pm. An impressive 300kws at all 4 wheels from the Envy R35, a 320kw run from a turbo RX3 and a 330kws run from a 2 wheel drive R32 the saw it leap from the rollers while it was still climbing 8O Fortunately the thing was strapped down so it didnt go too far.

A couple of tasty ladys posing on cars & joy rides in the R35. F*ck me, can that thing launch with its techno fangled launch control. I was even more impressed with its stopping ability!

For me thou, it was a comedy of errors. My first run saw 95kws without nos, then 125kws with nos :scratch:.... further investigation revealed my f**king floor mat had been pushed under the throttle pedal :roll:

So, we ran it up again & it posted up a rather heathly 129kws without nos (track day cat was in!) We then went for the nitro run only to find the bottle empty... so back round to the workshop for a refill & we were ready to go again.

Then the trouble really started, the first hit with the nos (we think) disintegrated one of my spark plug electrodes, which dropped into the cylinder (I knew they were overdue for a change... especially after 2 nos filled track days :roll: ) this then lead to a massive nos induced backfire. A massive bang that blew half the vacuum lines off the heads & clean blew the intake pipe off the throttle body, destroying my MAF sensor in doing so!! So, the car remains at Envy for repairs :lol: We are hoping we'll be able to magnetically pull the spark plug remnants out of the cylinder & put it back together with new plugs, a new MAF sensor & be ok. After the explosion it still started up ok, not blowing any smoke, but we could hear the rattle of bits in one of the cylinders, so we immediately turned it off again to avoid any cylinder wall / ring damage. A compression test will tell the tale Monday.

When the pics come up on the Envy website, I'll post the link :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Oh & my non-nossed time was good enough to pickup the FWD naturally aspirated award :D May have well won by default thou, I dont think any other FWD's turned up :lol:
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

lol some how i knew u were going to say nos backfire, your lucky though that the backfire didn't cause more damage than that, i watched my brother's friend's s15 on the dyno and he had a nitrous back fire and now has to do a 15 grand rebuild ... oouch :(

lol at the floormat, maybe it was a sign :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dont get me wrong, the possibility of it needing a full rebuild is still there! Above I was quoting best case scenario :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Dont get me wrong, the possibility of it needing a full rebuild is still there! Above I was quoting best case scenario :lol:
f**k, bad luck mate. i hope its nothing major.

LMAO @ floor mat
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well, if it is a rebuild, Im not too concerned. It has done 150,000kms... I've got a loaner car for a few weeks so it might work out ok should it need a build. I reckon sourcing all the parts through our known cheap sources I can get it done for only a few grand - myself doing some work on it too.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

If it is a rebuild will you go forged internals or just keep it standar?