need a bit of help

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

darrentank2
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

need a bit of help

Post by darrentank2 »

i recently installed a headunit in my FTO, because the old one was soo dodgy (it worked 1/2 the time) =.=

i connected the wires like the one before and discovered that the right front speaker doesnt work, and the 'fading' of the front speakers dont work.

i was wondering if you guys could help me out here, i should be able to directly connect the front two speakers into the head unit but im not certain of which wires i need to do it with.

ive now got a sony cdx-gt570 - the rear two speakers are connected to the rear amp so they are fine, and work with the 'fading' its just the front speakers i need a bit of help with

thanks guys
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

ahhh you wont get much help and advice in the ice section .. :(

i reckon just take your car to a place like strathfield and let them fix it up for you ... and i think wires from your front splits are red and white and they'll connect directly on the back of your head unit
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

Function Typical Wire Colors
Memory / Constant 12V(+) Yellow
Switch / Accessory Red
Ground Black
Illumination Orange/White
Antenna Remote Blue
Amp Remote Blue/White
Left Front (+) White
Left Front (-) White/Black
Right Front (+) Grey Right
Front (-) Grey/Black
Left Rear (+) Green
Left Rear (-) Green/Black
Right Rear (+) Violet
Right Rear (-) Violet/Black

i hope this helps you.

ways to fix problem.
use an battery (AA, D or 9V) connect speaker cable to each end of battery. remaining ends connect to each speaker. Use this way as an popper to see weather your speakers are still good.
if somewhere around the door molex theres an broken speaker cable best way is to re-run the cable. while your at it might as well go for a thicker cable size.
best way to go is re-run the cables to an Amp.
thats all i can think of atms.

well good luck.
REMEMBER: Tape up the wiring with ELECTRICAL tape. NEVER use duct tape.
Let the tunes decide
.:[Bosch Australia Automotive Department]:.
RK1-WhiteKnight
Apprentice

Post by RK1-WhiteKnight »

Its easier to just buy a sony to mitsi wiring harness, there usually about 10-20 bucks from car audio stores. They also have no dodgy connections so if the head unit fails its the unit not dodgy wiring
craigt
Apprentice

Post by craigt »

yeah, thats alrite if no one butchered the wires, which is usually what happens.
get your self a test light and a "a"size batt. a fresh 9volt batt can damage the speaker, yes it will be a louder pop but why risk it if you have expensive speakers.
craig.
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Dude, cheap, quick and easy advice = jb hi fi or strathfield car audio....tell them whats wrong and they will fix it no problems.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

harry90 wrote:Dude, cheap, quick and easy advice = jb hi fi or strathfield car audio....tell them whats wrong and they will fix it no problems.
+1 ... anything wrong and i take it to strathfield to get it checked out. Love their "Lifetime warranty" :lol:
darrentank2
Apprentice

Post by darrentank2 »

it just the back wiring is wrong all the speakers work its just tht the fading (front) does not work. its like you fade it to ear and you can still hear all the speakers working. neway ill get around to fixing it up later this weekend. thanks for the help
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

Oh simple problem tofix. Glad we helped :lol:
craigt
Apprentice

Post by craigt »

reading from the start(what i should of done from the begining) front speaker wires are:
grey for right front and white for left front on the head unit. the wiring in the car wont match unless someone has run new speaker wire to the doors.
if head unit dosent fade all the way then there is more than likely a problem with the unit.