Turbo Kit....

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ScottyBee
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Turbo Kit....

Post by ScottyBee »

right after searching the forums over the past few hours im struggling to find the straight answers that i need.....

basically i have a Mitsubishi Colt with the 6A12 engine fitted....... currently running 197bhp

after driving this over the past 6 months im now after some more power and straight away thought of the turbo route! hense me searching for help etc......

is there a direct bolt on kit available? or is the a company that knows what i need to buy/source.....
i know people have asked before but i cant find a straight answer for a turbo kit or a turbo route i need to take, etc.

engine bay at the mo:
my car:
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

apparently from what has been put up on the forums, turbo'ing a mivec is no good because of its compression ratio, even if you adjust with controller, you wouldn't be able to run much boost safely, this is why the GR non mivec engine is best suited for forced induction

someone else can probably fill you in better (Sam better than anyone else)

btw ... nice ride :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

First off your engine bay looks immaculate well done but secondly there is way over 2 hrs of reading in the turbo section. I spent a couple of weeks reading every thread.

Now there is NO turbo kit for the FTO 6A12 (which yours looks like it was from) So bad luck it will be a complete custom job. As for turbo shop. Research your local guys, jump on a silvia or skyline website and see who they recommend. Good luck and keep us updated on how you go
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
ScottyBee

Post by ScottyBee »

thanks for the quick replies, and i just needed to know that if there was or was not a turbo kit available, youve answered that one! Thankya :)

but this wont stop me, :D
will the car run on low boost ok? as this is all i want, and do you guys no of any suppliers etc that will be able to sell SOME parts that i can use and then obviously i ll have to get other bits custom made up

any help is much appreciated and ill keep the thread up to date on any progress i make....
ScottyBee

Post by ScottyBee »

just found this browsing.....

http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/mi ... g25B1e.asp

will this not fit?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

no one has tried before :cry:

but your welcome to try !
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

ScottyBee wrote:
will the car run on low boost ok? as this is all i want, and do you guys no of any suppliers etc that will be able to sell SOME parts that i can use and then obviously i ll have to get other bits custom made up
Yes there are a few mivec turbo running around but you will not be able to run med to big boost, you will always have to run low boost. All the parts like turbo intercooler etc can be brought off the shelf from any turbo place. The custom stuff is the pipe work which cant be brought anywhere..... well for now that is :D

As for the kit, what jono says. how much are they asking for it?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its for a Galant, not ant FTO. None of the pipework will fit. Im also pretty sure the heads on the Galant issued 6A12 are different rendering that intake manifold useless too.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

+1 ^ as Bennoz says the heads on Galant 6A12 are different and so is headers therefore much more fabricating is needed
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI