sat the 22nd November
50%

Total votes: 18

poahfto
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DIY Day sat the 22nd November start time 9am

Post by poahfto »

anyone here need any help with fixing/moding their car in anyway and is interested in organizing a DIY day anytime soon?
poahfto
Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

yeh i was joking :)

hi charlie :lol:

you can call me louiiee.

lol im syked for the diy day:)

i wna paint my calipers,
intake manifold and mivec cover.

install my angel eyes.

and maybe dewing(depends if i end up buying an already dewingd boot)

:D:D
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

poahfto wrote:yeh i was joking :)

hi charlie :lol:

you can call me louiiee.

lol im syked for the diy day:)

i wna paint my calipers,
intake manifold and mivec cover.

install my angel eyes.

and maybe dewing(depends if i end up buying an already dewingd boot)

:D:D
Ahh cool, hey there louiee
Im dewinging cause i bought a 5kg GENUINE VEILSIDE COMBAT wing (like bennoz) and going to install that up on later after i patch some holes and give it a re-spray.
*paint calipers ... easy just need a jack and 4 triangle jacks and something to sand the calipers clean ...

*intake manifold ... GOOD IDEA rather than one day asking aza to polish it (for the amount of hours and labour it takes 200bucks isnt even enough) might paint it black or silver ...

*mivec cover, yeah easy just need bit of tape and someone handy with a spray can :D

im syked cause, i can get the pros to check out the car and see if theres any problems me or the mechanics thats never worked on an FTO cant spot. Like aza checked out my FTO and noticed my belts are getting old and loose etc. OMG I REMEMBER bennoz found a cap somewhere inside my engine man! when doing my rear spark plugs :lol:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

i can do the mivec covers and calipers. just re did mine. :lol:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

to do the mivec covers the right way will take about 3-4 days as for the best results you must let the paint dry for a day then put the 2nd colour on let stand for 2-3 days to harden and then the clear.

calipers are a 30 min job :D
MR2YEN
Grease Monkey

Post by MR2YEN »

Im so in for this, time to change sparkies and fit my intake pipe and pod.
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

Is this the right day to do Engine Mounts, Front sway Bar, and Front Shocks? Or is that just to much?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

topao wrote:Is this the right day to do Engine Mounts, Front sway Bar, and Front Shocks? Or is that just to much?
we can have a go at it should be able to do it all :D
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

Haha thanks Louiiee ...

Soo cut man ... i feel embarrased to drive my FTO now LOL
... Might fix up the rims on the upcoming D.I.Y day (*pokes aza*). Its an easy job but still requires effort, i guess the noobs can help me do it :P

added to my "hope to get done things"
*sand my fcuked up stockies and re-spray black again* :cry:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I could always ask Kaz....

I dare say a time limit would be set thou.. ie f**k off by 6pm :lol:
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

lwrida wrote:
xSlurpee wrote:just did the biggest failure since owning my fto ... i wish we had a DIY day every weekend :twisted:

Okay got jacking off to *~delightful!~* p0rn and asked for powder coating prices (ranged from 40bucks - 75bucks a wheel, it sounded good soo i went to the shop) got there and they started b/sing about ... my rims needs to be sandblasted + primed and all this crap and end up with lowest price estimate was 390$ from some small place in padstow nsw.
Was this place Mr Clean?

If it wasn't go try them, their also in padstow and do a great job, we use them for work.
Nah they were closed for some odd reason. Soo i tried a place near them [ a lebo one across the road and he was b/sing to me it needs to be sand blasted and primed and his able to get "mates rates" from mr clean ... for 50$ each wheel, and he will powder coat them for 40bucks each (one coat).

Anyway i just realised that my family friends say mr clean does sand blasting and powder coating for like 60bucks a wheel.

2 words from an impatient kid ... BLOODY HELL!

EDIT - Hey aza, any ideas on what month we'll try and get this D.I.Y up and running? (soo i dont waste money on installation and/or other minor things)

Cause i just got my calipers painted ($200) and front brake pads replaced ($150)
and mind you, theses were "friends" rate ... i still think the guy rip me off ... fking azns :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

not a 100% yet as the first thing for me is getting another job and then I will look into getting this day going.
but I would say around November would be a good month for it.
that should give ppl the time to get every thing together that they want done to their cars.

Ben if Kaz did let us take over her place again I thing you would be right with 6pm all get out :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'll ask her ;)

No angel eyes to be started after 4pm either :lol:
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

O.O? how long do we have to "bake" our angel eyes for ben? ... is it possible to run your angel eyes via an on/off switch instead of turning them on and off by fog lights / low beam etc ...

like i mean a whole new switch / button itself for the angel eyes like foggies and hazards?

sorry for my noobness :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dont ask me mate, if it doesnt make me go faster or handle better, Im not interested in it!
elusi0n
Grease Monkey

Post by elusi0n »

O.O? how long do we have to "bake" our angel eyes for ben? ... is it possible to run your angel eyes via an on/off switch instead of turning them on and off by fog lights / low beam etc ...
just to answer your question slurpee, you gotta bake them for 10-15mins at 150 degrees. Take them out and try loosen it, if it doesnt come off then put it back into the overn for 5 mins. Keep doing this until it comes off. Last time we did it, we used a screw driver to help us seperate it. They use pretty strong glue, lol.

and yes its possible to run the angel eyes by a seperate switch, but that wont be possible on DIY day, proberly the most you can do is put the rings in. :)
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

Bennoz wrote:I could always ask Kaz....

I dare say a time limit would be set thou.. ie f*** off by 6pm :lol:
not after i was kind enough to put epoxy all over her tablecloth and plastic shavings through her carpet!
Racing in a VL is like being in the Special Olympics, coz even if you win, you're still a <u>RETARD</u>
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Ok, we can have it at my place again... but NO f**ken MIDNIGHT FINISHES!!!! Lets all be realistic what can be achieved from say 9:00am - 6:00pm ... Oh and I drink Strongbow Original or a nice Chardy!!! :lol:
Teh Ban Queen!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Now that the most important things have been taken care of, we just need to set a date! :lol:
Teh Ban Queen!
KJ_bob
Mechanic

Post by KJ_bob »

xSlurpee wrote: is it possible to run your angel eyes via an on/off switch instead of turning them on and off by fog lights / low beam etc
Yeah id be up for getting something like that going