1996 FTo

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

stonequarry
jedwabna poszewka promocja

1996 FTo

Post by stonequarry »

I posted a message on the 21/8 in general discussion regarding this car titled 'help needed' The copy of that message is listed as;

'Our son has recently been diagnosed with a long term illness and needs to sell his 1996 FTO. However it has a loud knocking noise in the engine. I have been told that it is possibly a 'pushrod' but it needs further investigation.
We are from the Campbelltown area and are hoping that that some one could advise us on where to take this car for repair so we can then sell it or perhaps someone would like to purchase as is.
Our son can will not be employable for some time and the loan repayments keep coming so for us time is of the essence and any quick replies will be greatly appreciated.'

The car is up for sale 'as is'

The car has been assesed and a new engine is required, as well the registration is due next month. I don't the k's but can find out on Monday otherwise it's a resonably tidy unit.
At this stage I am unsure of the price but am willing to listen to any sensible reasoning.

I know a lot more information is required for these ads but if you are interested in taking this further please call Grant on 0412467629
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Hi Grant,

I, like most people here, already own an FTO.

However, just some points for consideration...
- you've said that the loan repayments keep coming... is this with a finance company as a result of buying from a dealer? If so, how long ago was the car purchased... perhaps it is still under warranty?
- FTOs can make a loud 'tapping' noise as a result of noisey lifters / tappets. This is a common, non-critical problem... perhaps this is the issue you are experiencing?
- are there any aftermarket parts on the car? this could promote interest in the sale.
- presume that you are advertising elsewhere? If not, give it a go... the more people that see the ad the better your chances.

Anyway, good luck with it; hope everything works out ok.
Resident Asshole.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

OMG YOUR NICE FOR ONCE :lol:

Yeah like what nicholas said, you should try advertising elsewhere too, better chance of selling (quicker). Jonowong said he was interested ... maybe give him a private message.

Anyway, all the best mate. ;)
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

Maybe giving a bit more infor about the car might help...like mileage, modifications etc. Some might have mates interested in getting an FTO.