2003-05 Audi S3 or 2005 GTI

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EURO
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

2003-05 Audi S3 or 2005 GTI

Post by EURO »

what do people think......

Looking at either Audi s3, few years old hopefully under 60kms - awd, quick, leather etc, but probably pricey to service and apparently lack a bit of personality...

or VW GTI - leather - great reviews, fun to drive, but FWD! -
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

id definately go for the S3 man. i have driven both, and although the GTI is nifty and zippy, the S3 provides all round satisfaction. if i was a golf fan, id get the R32, around 40 more kilowatts than the GTI plus power is distributed to all the wheels. cost around $60K new, whilst the new s3's cost around $65k. but in your situation, S3 it is!
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

yeah - money aside,I would definately get a new r32 or new s3 - if only I could justify the cash!!!!

looked at old r 32's as well, but think they are only 3 door, and dont get great write ups - also people still want around 40k for them! - just noticed all the old s3's I think are 3 door as well...

want to try and get away from 3dr cars as well.... :cry:
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

i have driven both as well and reckon the gti wins hands down. Same power outputs put the torque spread of the direct injection engine is crazy. Nice and roomy and it shouts class too
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Another vote for the GTi, then spend the leftover cash at APR for a ecu reflash with switchable mode. ~30kw more if you want everytime you start the car and even less turbo lag and beefier torque etc.

The S3 is a nice car too! But i would rather the newer car than the older one plus the upkeep/maintenance will be better on the GTi.