A Suggestion for Cruises & Events

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

A Suggestion for Cruises & Events

Post by ruchi »

Now I know I could get bagged for raising this topic, but I promise not to crack the sh*ts if anyone does :P

I was thinking the other day about how we want to get more people along to cruises and other events, and to keep them coming back, and I remembered back to my first event, the Albert Park get together around October last year. Two things I remember very clearly:
1) I felt akward because I didn't know anyone, and kept forgetting their names
2) I wanted to find out what others had done to their cars and to learn

So here's my suggestion, and I raise it for discussion, so please feel free to have your say.

What do you think of the following ideas for cruises and events?
1) A sticky lable for a name badge with your real name and FTO forum name on it?
2) A spec sheet which you can print out and fill in with details of any modifications you've done to your car. You could then place this A4 sheet in your window, and others could read about your car. That way, if interested in any of the modifications, they could come and ask you about them.

I realise that for those who are regulars we know each others names and we know each others cars, but if we want the newbies and not so regulars to keep coming back, this could be a good way of making them feel more welcomed and a way to fit in easier.

So what are your thoughts?
Last edited by ruchi on Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Yeah, I think name tags with your real and forum name would be grate.

I also felt awkward at the first meet because I didn’t know anybody.

This might sound a bit stupid but I think it’s a good idea to keep people coming back and making them feel welcome.

Nominate “a real people personâ€
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Good to have ideas (and positive ones) - keep 'em coming. I'll raise this with Steve and Kave over the weekend for their thoughts.

Cheers
Tanya
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

Post by JSP-INC »

ehehe can we do the idea like the night clubs? see who's single ehehe..
more chicks more chicks ;)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

hey Jun, if we did that would you turn up to more events? Haven't seen you since the photoshoot last year!
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Yep i think dats a great idea Ruchi (Andrew) hahahaha, i was trying my best to break the ice dat day, luckily everything picked up eventually.
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

ahahah omg!!! feels like school!!! i mean im still in school but..... ahah feels like we have buddies or something and need name tags to identify our selves!!! bahahaha

but hey what the hell if it helps other people and stuff im in it for sure, because me, for one. cant remember every bodies names
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Yeah, i don't mind, just as long as we know everybody's real name and nickname online. That'll be fun. And we also get to show our cars hahaha even though FTO owners hardly show off.
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

while nametags could be useful for newbies, personally I think the more valuable concept is that of the spec sheet showing all your mods which you can stick in your car window.

With this people can look at each others cars, find out what mods they've done and if interested ask the owner about them. Not all mods are obvious so something like this could open a wealth of info.

I know the names of nearly every person who turns up to events but I don't yet know all the mods they've got.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

well i reckon the spec sheet is a better idea. On the spec sheet people can also put down their real and forum names.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I've dug up the form, have a look and make any suggestions...

Me & My Car
This document is designed to be filled out and put in your car window for any FTO club get togethers. This helps with the sharing of knowledge as people can easily find others who have modifications they are interested in, it provides topics for discussion, and it helps to link a person to their car and to the their forum name.

PDF Versions
You can download and print the PDF versions of this document here:
- Me & My Car
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

wow sweet! ruchi u're the best, u have everything!
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Hey Guys, great idea generated here.
This wil be very helpfull for me, as I havent met with any of you guys.
I couldnt agree anymore with the idea of spec form and personal name tags.
Regards
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Whilst the spec sheet seem like a pretty good idea, personally I would prefer to see everybody having conversations with one another and share their knowledge / skills etc that way.

Having a spec sheet would be useful for mini Show N’ Shine days or exhibitions but when we have a club meet/cruise, I’d like to see all members (old and new) to mix in with the crowd and actually chat to one another in a friendly atmosphere rather than relying on the spec-sheets to “do all the talkingâ€
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I agree with your comment Mikey about mingling and sharing knowledge and it is for this very reason that I proposed the spec sheet in the first place.

I believe that the spec sheet acts as a conversation starter. By looking at each persons car and reading what they have done, if interested in any of the mods, you would then go up to that person and ask them about the mods.

As mentioned before, not all mods are obvious and if you don't know about them its harder to find out information about them. e.g. It is not obvious if someone has added the UAS piping to their car and it is unlikely that someone would go and ask every person at the meet if they have done it. But if it was on a spec sheet, anyone who was interested in it could then go to that person and talk to them about it.

The spec sheet only lists what has been done it doesn't list the benefits or personal experiences associated with it, for that reason I do not believe that the spec sheet will "do all the talking" rather I believe it will be a conversation starter.

Also, for newbies it can be hard to "break the ice" whereas if they know of a mod that a person has done they can then feel more comfortable about approaching that person and talking to them.

What do others think?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I think is all depends on the personality of individual, if you not a social person, it doesn't matter if the spec sheet is there or not, cause he/she not going to walk up to the owner & ask questions.

But it would be good to see what others had done to their "love one" since previous cruise/meet/mini meet.

Well for those who had met me already (apart from the newbie’s from the last 2 meeting) would know, I break any ice (& ass) :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm just had a look at the Spec Sheet, i think someone should make a new one, cause there's hardly any spaces to put anything on it. :roll:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

LOL! :lol:

The sheet I put together was just conceptial and to raise discussion, before we go redesigning it though we need to work out whether we're going to use it and what information should be on it.

The sheet can also be made available as a word document so people can type in the info rather than handwrite it. This way you can fit more information in and make some boxes larger and some smaller. :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ruchi wrote:LOL! :lol:
The sheet can also be made available as a word document so people can type in the info rather than handwrite it. This way you can fit more information in and make some boxes larger and some smaller. :wink:
Unless of course if the person already got an Acrobat writer :wink:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

theres hardly any space in the ICE section!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :x

GIVE ME MORE SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: