Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nvr2low »

hey bud did the manifold get finished intime on friday or still waiting
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep, its done mate. Im going down tomorrow, will grab it then. Apparently they're a work of art, I'll get some pics up shortly :)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

wow thanks dude. pics would be good
yay getting closer and closer
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey benny did you get time to send the manifold of yet?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I8A4RE wrote:
nvr2low wrote:wtf the guy said it was a 6a13tt or are you just f**king with me man please say you are

bahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahah i just had to do it :lol:
LOL
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben mate did you end up getting the manifold away.

Update:
Flywheel arrived (thanks Sam) took both clutch and flywheel to the machine shop to get them to match them up so i can bolt it onto the motor. Will have the manifold on after the new year.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hey mate, sorry no not yet. We've actually had to modify a section of them. Everything fitted up fine, but the factory dump pipe was ever so slightly tapping a power steering line when the motor torque twists back under simulated load (as they all do), so we've put a mild angle on one of the faces to get the clearance right. I'd rather them do it this way (the proper way) as opposed to dodgying up some clearance with an angle grinder.

The shop is working thru the break, So I should be able to get it to you just after NYE.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Ok mate thanks a lot buddy. So this means they are modifying the manifold man
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys my full hectic blow off valve rocked up yesterdat I ordered a hks sqv as I love the noise they make. We had decided to go atmospheric and just plug up the old plump back return line hole.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok guys abit of a update i know this thread is dead but i dont care. ok i gave up (runs and hides) and i have given it to a shop. The main reason was i dont trust my skills of knowing a turboed car and seen how much work bens is, so i want it done proberly.

i got some pics here one of the car with the motor not in it and my new gauges. The pictures are off my phone will get better ones soon maybe this friday.

Image[/img]

car with no motor

[/img]ImageImageImageImageImage[img]

MY BOOOOOOST Gauge

these are all black shade gauges.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

dude.. I only just found this thread & then I find "THIS" comment???

I have to say .. I'm disappointed .. :(

why let a perfect chance to 'learn something' by doing it yourself slip away?

the hardest part would be the piping (& electrical) .. but seriously, even if you have to take a few tafe courses to learn how to Weld properly & to buy the equipment it would be a better way to spend the money than forking over thousands to a shop IMO.. it's just asking to get ripped off..

Go get your car back from the shop & stop being a lazy f*ck! lol!
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yes i know i have let everybody down and dont worry i felt like a dum ass when i gave it to the shop.

The piping is the easy part man the hard part is having the tools and the area to do the car in man just dont have it.
Also i dont know a lot about cars mechanically, but i am doing some stuff at the shop, i am going in their on friday to hopefully help them put the new motor in or get the new motor ready.

i also have had no time to even think about the car and doing this all to it. I have been working 7 day weeks for the last 5 months work is so busy. I am going to do some serious work to the car when i get it back. Eg sand the roof back and get rid of the rust then get dads mate to respray the roof for me.

SOrry guys i just dont have the time and i will be taking hopefully a lot of pics to show. And off course the dyno read out
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

lol, I'm just stirring .. but seriously .. go pick your car back up & do it ;) :lol:

good luck with it anyways .. & give us loads of pics & updates ;)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

thanks man and will surely give updates and pics going their on friday with my low springs hehe. will pick up some parts people have bought off me
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol, ok so you got a car with no engine & some gauges.

I thought the car was in the shop & they were gonna be done in 10 days?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

haha yeah exactly man. It just shows how good the mechanics are up here. I also took the car to the biggest mechanic and the one with the best name, so that was kind of bad as he has so much work on.

i just had a meeting with him and the car is going on the hoist until it is done and will be worked on everyday until it is done.

So if he starts it monday i hope it will take 2 weeks.

the Owner said that he is extremley sorry. He said his mechanic will non stop work on my car, meaning he wont work on any other car.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote:haha yeah exactly man. It just shows how good the mechanics are up here. I also took the car to the biggest mechanic and the one with the best name, so that was kind of bad as he has so much work on.

i just had a meeting with him and the car is going on the hoist until it is done and will be worked on everyday until it is done.

So if he starts it monday i hope it will take 2 weeks.

the Owner said that he is extremley sorry. He said his mechanic will non stop work on my car, meaning he wont work on any other car.

BAHAHAHA .. wait .. 8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week for two weeks...

how much are they going to be charging you per hour exactly??? 8O 8O 8O
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

it would be 5 days a week haha and nah it shouldnt be longer than 2 weeks haha and well man i got 4.5 k sitting in my bank account ready to go hah.

and remmber every part nearly he needs i am providing.

still havent got the thermo fans yet(bens needs to find part number haha).

i am also getting all the intake piping to the turbo done in metal and trying to keep battery in the engine bay not in the boot.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

i hope everything goes well for you with the mechanics .. I'd be telling them that you'll be rocking up randomly to check on the progress (even if you won't) .. but call them every now & then to ask what the status of it is.. & what they will be doing / when etc..

you don't want to get a week in & find that all they've done is put the engine in .. or that they haven't got a real plan of how to go about it & end up duplicating their work & blowing out the timeline..

I hope that you got a quote from them? and a worst case scenario quote..

cause it seem that with the hours they're wanting to put into it, it's going to end up costing a lot more than $4.5k ..

hell, surely there is some stuff that they can be getting the apprentices to work on which will make the job quicker so that it's not just the one mechanic doing all the work .. they might still charge the same hourly rate, but it should reduce the total amount of hours.. therefore making it cheaper..

& don't be a pussy about confronting them if they're clearly not making enough progress.. if you just bend over & take it they'll just keep screwing you out of more & more $$$
Just keep in mind that you're paying for a "professional" job, so if they're dicking around trying to 'figure out' how to do sh*t along the way, that's something you could have done yourself.. so often, mechanics who don't know the first thing about FTO's just end up charging stupid amounts cause they had no clue what they were doing & made it a harder job than it should have been..

anyway.. that's my rant over ;)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

nah thanks man for the hints buddy. I trust the guy doing the work and the mechanic has worked on mitsubishis down south for 8 years before coming up here.

i will be going in some time next week, i always go in once a week and he doesnt mind.

Also they know what has to be done just they been so busy, so next week if i dont see a good ammount of work done by next friday i will get a little angry.

i had a chat to the actually mechanic doing the work and he says my car will go on the hoist tommorow night.
monday he will pull all the auto stuff out of the car including tip loom and ecu. He also said he will try and get the wiring loom out to and start having a look at the 2 looms and seeing what has to be done.