Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

4 days?? Ha! Try 4 months in my case :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

oh sh*t that sucks man. the worse thing is i have to to to court for a little infringment that happened in january on the 1st july. i hope i get to drive my car for alittle bit before hand.

The owner of the workshop is back so i know he will push to get it finished.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys got come better pics of the intercooler piping should be all finished tommorow. Then we hit the home straight to get it finished.

Intake and BOV
Image[/img]
rear turbo

Image[/img]
rear turbo to intercooler
Image[/img]
were rear turbo and front turbo join near intercooler
Image[/img]
front turbo pipe bend under the car
Image[/img]
front mount
Image[/img]
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

The piping to your throttle body looks tiny... what size is it? Looks the right size for each single turbo, but it should seriously be bigger from IC to throttle body.

And is that a right angle join from one turbo before the intercooler? If it is, that is gonna have some really sh*tty gas flow properties...
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

what ya mean mate. The join before the intercooler for the 2 turbos is a y join mate. And the pipe is 2.5 to the TB
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

nvr2low wrote: what ya mean mate. The join before the intercooler for the 2 turbos is a why join mate. And the pipe is 2.5 to the TB
Can ya get a better photo of the piping where the pipes meet, the actual joint? Don't wanna jump the gun so excuse what I said before until I see the actual join.

Is it a smooth merging joint? Or is it a right angle join (as in the air flow crashing into the other air flow stream)?

Image a would be ideal, the air flows merge and continue on their way, not a lot of turbulence created.

Image b is not so ideal, the air would crash into the other turbo's stream and create a sh*t load of turbulence. I believe it is the same principle as an exhaust system, mandrel bending obviously speeds up gas flow, but tight press bends slow the gases down.

Right angle joins are no better than standard (I found that out when I had mine flow tested), see below:

I couldn't fit in the smooth join that I wanted with my configuration, what you need is something fabricated like this (this is my intake, what is planned with yours? Don't use the standard VR4 one, it is horribly restricted):

Smooth joins...

Larger piping diameter would lessen the impact, but yours doesn't look overly large. In my case, if I got rid of that sh*tty right angle join I believe I could get maybe 1-2% more out of the engine...

I am not getting at you mate, all I am saying is to not make the same mistake I did :)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

FTE hey mate i found a better pic of that y pipe join mate and also got a pic of were the maf and podfilter sit. AND YES I KEPT THE BATTERY IN THE BONNETT YAY. i have also bought a oil catch can for it. This is for were the oil line goes from the side of the motor back into the airintake.
Y Pipe Join
ImageImage[/img]

Were pod and maf sit
ImageImage[/img]

another pic of maf sensor and pod
ImageImage[/img]

ImageImage[/img]

ImageImage[/img]
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Good sh*t bro, it looks good, more twists than I would like, but will work a charm... don't go through any big puddles though :)

Keep the progress reports coming :)

Smooth and sleepy

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

That is starting to look the good :) Shame you can't f**k off the MAF.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well its going to be interesting, I read that MAF's shouldnt sit verticle like that. So let me know how she runs.

Also that is very very scary that your running the pod filter low down like that.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

I8A4RE wrote:Well its going to be interesting, I read that MAF's shouldnt sit verticle like that. So let me know how she runs.

Also that is very very scary that your running the pod filter low down like that.
+1 Totally agree but I guess you'll see once it's all done. That bend is pretty awkard as well. Was there nothing better they could do? If possible, fork out the cash for a haltech or equiv and change to a map set up like bennoz is saying. Progress is progress though mate, so good sh*t it's getting done.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh yeah i forgot looking wicked, bet you cant wait to get in her. Good luck and let us know how she performs
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

I had no were elese to put the pod and the maf and I never knew about that simon I thought the maf could go anywere. I will tell you how it goes.

Ftevo mate I can't damn wait but I go away for work on thursday for 2 weeks and they say my car will be ready on monday or tuesday so I am kinda pissed off hah.
I added a oil catch can into the car 2.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

That piping is like a rollercoaster mate.. I've got no clue whats happening :P
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

lmao micheal neither did I I had to work it out haha. But it looks good but for them having now room what so ever.

Ok thermo fans are now mounted as well rining hose power 2morow so they can do me a new power steering line.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

nvr2low wrote: Ftevo mate I can't damn wait but I go away for work on thursday for 2 weeks and they say my car will be ready on monday or tuesday so I am kinda pissed off hah.
I added a oil catch can into the car 2.
Get ready for regular tyre replacement :D She will be a weapon!

Smooth and sleepy

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

haha man I already got 2 spare tyres for it sitting in the shed.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

guess what guys I might gt my car back 2morow or friday just putting the last touches on it today.
I was suprised to find them working hard at it today to try and get it finished.

Hose power did my power steering line looks tops. Wiring loom is in the car just have to plug it all in.

I am so nervous already I want it back 2morow so bad.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

that sounds sweet mate, cant wait to see how it turns out ;)
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Just don't let them rush it, I know what it's like though. It's like having a wad of cash in your wallet that isn't for anything, just burns a hole there...

You gunna love it (I have said it many times haha). Hope all goes well, we want vids of it starting :D

Smooth and sleepy