Cruise For A Cause - Mitsubishi club aus

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise For A Cause - Mitsubishi club aus

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Hey guys i've recently joined the mitsubishi australia car club and they have a awesome cruise for a cause coming up and wanted to know if anoyone else would like to join us. Its a great cause n a great time to all catch up again. Anyone interested? Heres the details, let me know if you can make it, thanks.

Cruise For A Cause All Proceeds benefit The Parkinsons Association

When : 26th October 2008
Time : 10am
Where : Santos Stadium
Entry : $10 per car & donations welcome on the day.

This cruise is heading to Yankalilla Football Club where there will be a show & shine and Sound off competitions.
There will be prizes on the day which are to be confirmed.

Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, degenerative neurological condition that affects the control of body movements. It is not contagious and not fatal. It is thought to be genetic in a very small percentage of cases. Symptoms result from the progressive degeneration of nerve cells in the middle area of the brain. This causes a deficiency in the availability of dopamine, a chemical messenger necessary for smooth, controlled movements. The symptoms of Parkinson’s appear when about 70 per cent of the dopamine producing cells cease to function normally.

It is estimated that approximately 1-2 people per 1,000 have Parkinson’s, with the incidence increasing to one in 100 over the age of 60. In Australia there are approximately 40,000 people with Parkinson’s, with one in seven people with Parkinson’s being diagnosed before the age of 50 years.

Physical symptoms vary
The type, number, severity and progression of symptoms varies greatly between individuals. No two people are affected in the same way. Some of the main symptoms are:

Tremor (shaking)
Rigidity (muscle stiffness)
Bradykinesia (slowness of movement)
Freezing
Stooped posture
Shuffling gait
Micrographia (small handwriting)
Lethargy.
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

im in if someone can take me with them ;)
i still have no ride yet :cry: but will pay the fee for anyone :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Ezza
Apprentice

Post by Ezza »

Woot! Someting going on in SA! This place has been dead!

I would come but I have no FTO yet (if at all at this rate...) :evil: so not a heck of a lot of point. Don't reckon they'd want a crappy VT Commodore on the cruise eh? :(
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Omg - Sounds Great :D yeah my car wont be 100% by then but.. il do anything for a cruise atm :D Put me down as a Yes, and il do my best to make sure im not workin then :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

bahahahah SA has more members without FTO's than it does with :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
TigerFTO
Apprentice

Post by TigerFTO »

im deff up for it.
pretty sure im free and u can come with me vipfto :D
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Awesome guys :D

Glad to see your coming out, should be a nice long cruise to n a good chance to meet each other to for the more newer members to this site. Cant wait, i'll keep yous posted if theres anymore updates on it.
Ezza
Apprentice

Post by Ezza »

Does anyone have a seat (pref front) left in their FTO and would be happy to take me with them? Would be happy to pay car fee in return :D

Would love to come and meet some of the fellow SA FTO'ers (for when I finally get one - looking at one this monday, yay!) and it's for a good cause.

Erin.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

TigerFTO wrote:im deff up for it.
pretty sure im free and you can come with me vipfto :D
sweet mate cheers for that feel awful without car ill pay entry and ya gas mate ;) you have my number just give me a yell cheers
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I8A4RE wrote:bahahahah SA has more members without FTO's than it does with :lol:
yeah mate its bloody sad :oops:

but i do own an fto just not in SA :lol:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Sigh.. sorry guys im workin on trying to get the 26th off but its not looking to good, il keep u updated on what is goin on :(
cruise_for_a_cause

Post by cruise_for_a_cause »

hi all my name is courtney and i am the organiser of this huge event. its not far of now and i cant wait to see you all this sunday.
thanks for the support for this huge event and what it stads for as it means so much to my brother and i as our mum is the one who has it.
its going to be a huge day with loads of things to do we cant wait see you all soon
cruise_for_a_cause

please feel free to bring your club banner on the day to put up at your clubs allocated parking spot
cruise_for_a_cause

bump bump
see you all this sunday
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Hey guys!

Just a quick note, i'm meeting all my mates at the new bunnings car park n some other new members from another car club. So if you wanna meet up with us there first you can, then we'll all head to the meet spot together.

Bunnings on corner of port rd n cheltenham rd, massive building n carpark. Just look out for my silver fto as in my sig, thats me lol.

Meet there round 9:30ish for leave at round 9:50 leave, so try n be on time k, thanks everyone cant wait to meet yas.
cruise_for_a_cause

for the fto that did make it thanks for commin an well done
here is a small clip of the day
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=j60J1ToEQ0I