Removing boot-lid spoiler...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Removing boot-lid spoiler...

Post by GPXXX »

OK guys, as some of you might know i'm thinking of getting a carbon-fibre GT wing to replace my OEM boot spoiler... I've already got front winglets on order (to be installed onto my new front spoiler some time next week), so all that's left is a rear wing - GT style!

I think this job is easy enough for me to install myself, but my question is this: after undoing the 3 bolts underneath the spoiler (from the bootlid), are the dbl-sided tapes easy to peel-off or are they permanently glued onto the boot lid itself?? Will it leave any marks on the boot lid as well?? And what can i use to cover the exisiting mounting holes?

What do you guys think?

CHEERS!
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

it is easy to do urself.
if u dont want your sh*t to look cheap, then u will need to get the holes welded up.
the tape is nothing to take off, u will need some prepsol to remove all the leftover grime and sh*t left.
Can i ask u something? How old are u?

FOULZ
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Thanks Foulz, but i don't wanna go through the trouble of repainting my bootlid... So they're only dbl-sided tape yeh?

BTW I'm in mid mid-20s mate... why do u ask?
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hey
how did u go taking off the spoiler? leave any marks? was it easy hard? could you put it back on easily?? im thinking of taking mine off and just leaving off.....but dont want to botch it, or if i dont like the look, not be able to put back on...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i haven't taken them off yet, but i will let you know how it went as soon as i replace it with a c/f GT wing... shouldn't be too hard i hope!