computer to program transmission???

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Anathyst
jedwabna poszewka promocja

computer to program transmission???

Post by Anathyst »

hmmm do you guys know where can i get someone tt have the computer to program my gear tranmission??
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

What exactly are you wanting to do?

I have never heard of this being down, but that does not mean it cant be done.

The invecs system has a learning capability, so it wil learn your driving style. If you are having issues you can reset the system by removing the battery for 5 mins.

Hope that helps
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Google it, I used to have links for an American company which was doing just this, they had an ECU which would allow you to programme better shifts, etc for street use, drag, circut, etc.

Never understood most of it but it is out there :lol:

Bill
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Man if you find the link i would be interested in this 2
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com

There you go man, you ask, I deliver :lol:
Anathyst

Post by Anathyst »

:oops: oh wells, the whole prob with my fto is that firstly Kamikaze changed my transmission with warranty and all. then a week later, my heating core started leaking. And when i tried to drive, my gear got stuffed! so RACV came and towed my car back to Kamikaze, this where the whole nightmare begin. It's been a month++ now tt my car is off the road, they are trying to fixed the transmission. But i didnt get updates until i called them, they said they're changin the sensors of the transmission but i've got to pay as it is not in the warranty which they didn't tell me about. and expect me to pay $2100 for the heating core leaking (which i'm gonna bring over to Nandi Autocare to do it!) and presently, they told me they are finding the ECU/ Computersystem to program the transmission. AND THEY CAN'T FIND ONE! so i'll be looking at another month till i get it back and get the car into Nandi to get the heating core leaking issue done ~ Argghh! it's killing me!!! :cry: HELP
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Id just get a second hand tip ecu
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Anathyst wrote::oops: oh wells, the whole prob with my fto is that firstly Kamikaze changed my transmission with warranty and all. then a week later, my heating core started leaking. And when i tried to drive, my gear got stuffed! so RACV came and towed my car back to Kamikaze, this where the whole nightmare begin. It's been a month++ now tt my car is off the road, they are trying to fixed the transmission. But i didnt get updates until i called them, they said they're changin the sensors of the transmission but i've got to pay as it is not in the warranty which they didn't tell me about. and expect me to pay $2100 for the heating core leaking (which i'm gonna bring over to Nandi Autocare to do it!) and presently, they told me they are finding the ECU/ Computersystem to program the transmission. AND THEY CAN'T FIND ONE! so i'll be looking at another month till i get it back and get the car into Nandi to get the heating core leaking issue done ~ Argghh! it's killing me!!! :cry: HELP
I would tow your car outta there very f**king quickly. You're about to be reamed.

In the 2 years I've been at the helm of this club (and the 2 other years of membership) I have NEVER heard of a TIP ECU needing to be 'reprogrammed'

Thats mechanic BS at its best. In english, that means "We're about to screw you for every cent you have"

Ask your local VIC members where they take their cars for that kind of work.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

^^^^^^^ totally agree
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

Bennoz wrote:I would tow your car outta there very f**king quickly.
i already suggested he get it towed outta there ;)
forgot to mention the "reamed" part
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Get your car out of there ASAP. These idiots are changing sensors wildly on the gearbox but cant find the ECU which is sitting under the heater matrix, probably in a puddle of coolant 8O

I assume they haven't checked for error codes to see what sensors may be goosed or any of the other things we would have done first.

Ben and the others are right, I'd buy some lubricating cream because it sounds like you may need it :x
Anathyst

Post by Anathyst »

thanks for your replies people.. i got it towed out of there and into Nandi Autocare recommended by Silverfish! we'll see how it goes :D
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

Ahhh...so the silver FTO outside Nandi's was yours. Watever it is, Nandi is a good and reliable mechanic that never uses cheap and dodgy parts. Silverfish and I can vouch for him. He'll take good care of your car.