Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

REVIEW: Melb Interntional Motor Show 2004

Post by GPXXX »

what were the highlights of your visit?

for starters:

* The Porsche GT looks soooo much better in real life :D
* I soooo want a scissor door after seeing the Lambo hehehe.. :twisted:
* I was 'this close' to deciding on a SMART roadster, until i sat in it and felt the cheap and tacky interior... :roll:
* I soooo want that Ferrari 360 front bar on my car hehehe...
* I nearly creamed myself when i saw the Lotus Elise... :P
* who's got a spare $400K lying around? That Gallardo would look schmick in my garage LoL...
* I was 'this close' to snapping this annoying little' kid in half after he jumped my queue as I tried to go for a sit in the 350Z convertible... get your licence first ya little' retard! :P
* I never liked utes until I saw the blue one at the Holden stand (with pumped guards, big rollers etc...)
* the Sportivo concept car was not bad either... everything in that car was literally space-age, except for the turbocharged Camry motor LoL...

Your thoughts??
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Comparing the Elfin and Joss supercar descriptions (which were next to each other), and seeing that the Elfins had a quicker 0-100 time made me laugh... I never thought I would like a V8 until I saw the Evo Pajero 2x2 :roll:
LED ALL the things.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Now now Mikey, some of your comments are treacherous. I wouldn't be surprised if your FTO gave you a slap :lol:

The highlight for me was one of the Audi concept cars (I think it's called the Nuvilarus or something like that) and the Maserati Quattroporte.

But overall I was a little disappointed because I think there weren't as many new cars as previous shows. Does anybody feel the same?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well the funniest thing at the show for me would be seeing the Lambo guy chatting up the Holden chicks....... 8O

Don't ask me why, but every year i go to the Motor Show, & end up the feeling of "Car City" where whole bunch of dealers put together in one big place.

I wish the Melb Motor Show could be more like the Tokyo, Detroit, or Paris Motor Show, wheres there are lots of concept/super car, so we know which direction each company are heading for.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

We're just not important enough in the world market for those manufacturers to do that.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

rxboy wrote:Now now Mikey, some of your comments are treacherous. I wouldn't be surprised if your FTO gave you a slap :lol:

The highlight for me was one of the Audi concept cars (I think it's called the Nuvilarus or something like that) and the Maserati Quattroporte.

But overall I was a little disappointed because I think there weren't as many new cars as previous shows. Does anybody feel the same?
well i was 50/50 happy with the show... there were some really decent new cars on display (I believe you are referring to the Audi Nuvolari, but I somehow prefer the Audi Le Mans but I'm just an extorvert LoL)

don't get me wrong Alex, i still love my FTO, but if you had the chance to make it look like a ferrari/lambo (and goes almost like one too), wouldn't you want to do the same?? hehehe... ;)
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

GPXXX wrote:don't get me wrong Alex, i still love my FTO, but if you had the chance to make it look like a ferrari/lambo (and goes almost like one too), wouldn't you want to do the same?? hehehe... ;)
Yeah, if I had the money, I would get one of those supercars..... *sigh*. But for now, IMHO, I've got the best car my money can buy :D .
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.