Cheap engineer in Sydney??

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taeivon_Rep
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cheap engineer in Sydney??

Post by Taeivon_Rep »

Hey ppl i'm heading down to sydney on Fri 21st through to the sun 23rd nov and might consider getting some mods engineered since coppers in my town have been giving me problems bout mods. Anyone know an engineer (or is one) than can pass it for cheap not $500 a pop... help would be appreciated its just for my exhaust atm and maybe the uas cai (if possible) & if its rdy for the diy day.
Thanks in advance
Todd
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

go to a proper engineer...

because when the dodgey ones get caught for being dodgey, your engineers certificate means nothing
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

my dads an engineer (an accredited certified qualified one) and boy does he charge a lot. Not cheap at all. He charged some poor guy $2300 over one week to do checks and certification on his turbo setup. I bet the turbo and installation didnt cost that much :lol:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

koolio1234 wrote:my dads an engineer (an accredited certified qualified one) and boy does he charge a lot. Not cheap at all. He charged some poor guy $2300 over one week to do checks and certification on his turbo setup. I bet the turbo and installation didnt cost that much :lol:
So..you have..free reign over any modification you want?
lucky bastard :lol:
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

the_msta_chizz wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:my dads an engineer (an accredited certified qualified one) and boy does he charge a lot. Not cheap at all. He charged some poor guy $2300 over one week to do checks and certification on his turbo setup. I bet the turbo and installation didnt cost that much :lol:
I reckon! Got a sister I can root? :lol:
Taeivon_Rep
Grease Monkey

Post by Taeivon_Rep »

jonowong wrote:go to a proper engineer...

because when the dodgey ones get caught for being dodgey, your engineers certificate means nothing
:lol: knew this was coming. I just want the piece of paper. Doubt the local ones in my town are going to know the difference just wanna keep em off my back till i get the VR4 engine which is hard to save for with constant defects. Then its off to get the whole car engineered! (its about an hrs drive to the nearest one)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hmnmm ... Sounds like you need Werner from TIC ... he would be the perfect person for you ... PM me if you want to know more ...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Bennoz wrote:
the_msta_chizz wrote:
lmfao that was random! :lol:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

sublime19 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
the_msta_chizz wrote:
lmfao that was random! :lol:
wtf....lol u guys are a strange bunch. you would think i could get anything engineered but dont feel like letting my dad engineer dodgy sh*t for me that will point back to him and ruin his credibility. he only does legit stuff.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Taeivon_Rep
Grease Monkey

Post by Taeivon_Rep »

Ok so now at the end of it all im not going to get the car engineered while in sydney it will cost me $550 just to get the exhaust done not worth it given i may be selling it soon.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey man is it because the exhaust is to loud man
Taeivon_Rep
Grease Monkey

Post by Taeivon_Rep »

nvr2low wrote: hey man is it because the exhaust is to loud man
so that copper said he was just pissed i was driving the car. other cops cleared defect and said its quiet as i just don't wanna have to run into that copper again.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Taeivon_Rep wrote:
nvr2low wrote: hey man is it because the exhaust is to loud man
so that copper said he was just pissed i was driving the car. other cops cleared defect and said its quiet as i just don't wanna have to run into that copper again.
No, if other cops have cleared you from the defect and that same cop pulls you over for the same reason then that is staring to border on harrassement........ which is against the law and you can take him to court for that. I recommend getting a written statement from the officer that cleared the defect, saying that youe exhaust is within spec
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...