2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shahrez
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Post by Shahrez »

Saw one of these on the streets the other day, was a really good surprise!!must have been imported. Must say, looked quite nice with the hood vents and ralliart badging!

to quote a website -

"The interesting news here is that the Ralliart features Mitsubishi’s 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC intercooled and turbocharged engine and if that sounds familiar then it should, as it’s the same engine you will find under the hood of its big brother, the Evo-X. In detuned Ralliart guise, the 4B11 produces an output of 177kW/240hp and 343Nm of torque which should ensure the Ralliart version of the Lancer is more than a match for the WRX"

"In addition to borrowing the Evo X’s engine, the Ralliart also pinches its Twin Clutch-SST gearbox, which allows the driver to bang through the gears via steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. Like the Evo-X, the Ralliart gets its own full-time AWD driveline which features Mitsubishi’s Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch centre differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions…much like the Evo-X, in fact the Ralliart’s AWD system is rumoured to be the same as that found under the just superceded Evo IX.

So essentially, the Ralliart is a slightly detuned Evo-X and if it is being priced to compete with the standard WRX, then it will without doubt be the performance buy of this decade."

Will cost around AU$40,000

FANTASTIC!! :twisted:

JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

I drove past church st in parramatta the other day and these babies were already on display at the misti dealer. Not sure if they were on sale though.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Looks kinda chat to me...much like the evo x.
Love the looks of earlier evos though.
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

So..it's a detuned Evo-X, priced to compete with the bog standard WRX?

as if the EVO didn't murder the STI enough, now mitsubishi wants to decimate everything on subarus range. and it's going to work, too.
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Pretty much...which ain't saying much as the current wrx is a POS, seriously. Stock for stock, an mps3 is faster, handles better and stops quicker than current wrx... and it's a front heavy fwd for crying out loud.

Hope the ralliart lancer is a bit better than that..
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

People who buy this version is most likely because they cant afford the evox, whic is a shame. The more you drive, the more you will ask yourself, "why did i be more patient and save up a little more for the evox."

Cant afford a 911, buy boxster.
Cant afford a GTR, buy R33
Cant afford STi, buy WRX
Cant afford a ITR, buy FTO? :lol:
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

zuihoujueding wrote: Cant afford a ITR, buy FTO? :lol:
hahahahaha harsh mate! :lol:
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

If it was priced at 30k I'd be taking out a loan for it right now. If you read up on the differences between the EvoX and this, its not a lot that can't be fixed with a little cash and a tune. 8O
VR-04-TT

Post by VR-04-TT »

zuihoujueding wrote:People who buy this version is most likely because they cant afford the evox, whic is a shame. The more you drive, the more you will ask yourself, "why did i be more patient and save up a little more for the evox."

Cant afford a 911, buy boxster.
Cant afford a GTR, buy R33
Cant afford STi, buy WRX
Cant afford a ITR, buy FTO? :lol:
They're $17k more from the Ralliart to the entry level Evo X (according to www.redbook.com.au), in reality that's pretty significant if you're already getting a loan to get the Ralliart (not saying you or I would do this, but many will). So it is still a viable option.

But, the Evo X is worth the extra money if you can afford it, of course :)

The WRX is $39,990 new (vs the $42,490 Lancer Ralliart) and the first STi is $59,990 (vs $59,490 for the first Evo X)

Where it gets interesting is the top spec (AFAIK) STi is $64,990 and the top spec Evo X is $71,690. I know which way I'd go lol :)

PS: What's an ITR? I always thought of the FTO as the mini GTO (just as fun without the weight)
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

wow....sti and evo are not competitive in price anymore....

ITR=Integra TypeR. Generally, the way both honda and mitsu build their 2 performance NA with the same principle in mind. Too bad, evo come along and steal all the lime light. RIP...FTO... :lol:
VR-04-TT

Post by VR-04-TT »

Oh of course! ITR makes a lot more sense now lol :)

I'm going to test drive a Ralliart Lancer and, hopefully, an Evo X on the weekend.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

VR-04-TT wrote:Oh of course! ITR makes a lot more sense now lol :)

I'm going to test drive a Ralliart Lancer and, hopefully, an Evo X on the weekend.
U sure u wanna do that? Next thing you'll be cashing in your fto and be driving away in that evo x hahaha

I hate that back of the evo x. They look like mazdas back there :puker:
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

got a really bad review in the latest motor mag.... suprising since most other reviews have been favourable
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
VR-04-TT

Post by VR-04-TT »

jay6 wrote:

you sure you wanna do that? Next thing you'll be cashing in your fto and be driving away in that evo x hahaha

I hate that back of the evo x. They look like mazdas back there :puker:
Oh I'm not going to buy one at all ;) But I won't let them think that lol. I just want to feel the difference between this new Evo X and my 12.5 year old VR4

These have been available new since October...so we'll probably start to see them on the roads now.

Motor will bag them out because they're not Ford or Holden. They've always been like that.
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

VR-04-TT wrote:
jay6 wrote:

Motor will bag them out because they're not Ford or Holden. They've always been like that.
tell me about it mate! been reading them mags for a long time now, and it seems with the evo especially, they try very very hard to find faults, but seems almost impossible! :lol: :lol:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

guess what, 370Z on the front cover of WHEELS.

oh and FYI the new WRX is faster and cheaper than the ralliart lancer.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

zuihoujueding wrote:oh and FYI the new WRX is faster and cheaper than the ralliart lancer.
It's also a weak arse car that subaru stuffed trying to turn it into a Audi, just my opinion ;)
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

RallyMad wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:oh and FYI the new WRX is faster and cheaper than the ralliart lancer.
It's also a weak arse car that subaru stuffed trying to turn it into a Audi, just my opinion ;)
Don't forget the fact that it looks like a Ford Focus/Honda Civic now.

The new Evo looks like a f**king muzzled shark.

I know which one i would buy.
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

the_msta_chizz wrote:
RallyMad wrote:
Don't forget the fact that it looks like a Ford Focus/Honda Civic now.

The new Evo looks like a f**king muzzled shark.

I know which one i would buy.
Yep, with you 100% there. Here Here ;) :lol:
borntospeed
Apprentice

Post by borntospeed »

i test drove a ralliart lancer in dec last year and it was shocking... in a bad way... there was no turbo kick, felt more like a stock GTI with the DSG gearbox. very linear in the response... maybe its becuz it has a single scroll turbo vs the twin scroll found in the evo x.

the suspension was good though, felt very planted even though it only has skinny VRX tyres... the gearbox was awesome, on normal mode it changed up very fast, but in sports mode it was holding 3rd gear at 60km/h

the biggest let down was the build quality... the aircon vents rattled, the seats offered little support, in fact i prefer the FTO seats... there was some cabin noise... i mean considering that you have to pay twice more than the base model ES... u would think that they might have improved the cabin a little more? the steering wheel from the evo x felt too small, because of the way the turning circle is, it felt like it was not quick enuff...

overall, i would probably get a GTI over a ralliart, but if you were to invest a little more money into the ralliart (bigger turbo twin scroll) then it would be a very excitable ride...