SOLD - [QLD] 96 FTO GPX in Lexus Silver - price dropped

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

boarsai
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SOLD - [QLD] 96 FTO GPX in Lexus Silver - price dropped

Post by boarsai »

Just a really quick post to let everyone know that the 96 GPX will be up for sale shortly.

Quick info (will post more when I find the time):
  • Pics: http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... temId=3367
  • 96 GPX tiptronic - painted in Lexus silver
  • includes 2 X sets of 18 inch rims
    • Pics of the other 18's will be put up this weekend sometime
    • second set need new rubber
    • space saver tyre and a full sized 18" spare
    • currently sitting on 18 with ample tread
    • all wheels in VGC - could probably do with a spot of polish though :lol:
  • Leaving the stereo etc in (subs/alpine head unit/media box)
    • got an iphone cable for the stacker switch, just needs wiring into power. I might test it with a spare 8gig iphone I have kicking around. If it works, I'll throw the iphone (gen 1) in with the car.
    • 2 cd stackers.
    • Mini disk stacker is available too if you want it (goes in glove box), wouldn't blame you if you didn't want it - I took it out for more room!
    • Subs have custom boot install
  • Custom interior (velour in white/blue) and nicely integrated blue neons - looks sickly blue in photos but actually rather nice in the flesh (will post pics soon)
  • The custom 96GPX plates will go with the car
  • Still has a spare stock front bar I was going to do a new bar conversion with - just never had the time.
  • Cars got just over 150k on the clock, will be getting her serviced at Ricks before putting her up for adoption
  • I will NOT split ANYTHING from the car unless the person who buys the car doesn't want the second set of rims. Other then that, I'm not negotiable. If the purchaser doesn't want something, I'll split it. Not before.
  • Mechanically stock (apart from a few small things) but not so stock visually, especially inside :)
  • Car is located in Brisbane CBD
  • ... I'm really going to miss the stereo :evil:

She's been a lovely car, bit of a head turner but stays underneath the cops radar.

Anyway this hasn't been an easy decision... but I'm looking to give the car up for adoption as I've got some other plans brewing.

Drop me a PM if you're serious about buying a car, don't kick my tyres and I wont kick you in the teeth :lol:

I'm not going to accept low offers, I'm not desperate for cash. Any *reasonable* offer considered.

I would prefer offers to be PM'd, thanks.
Last edited by boarsai on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Welp it's been on carsales for a few months at silly prices to see if it'd magically disapear ... as I haven't really needed to sell it as of yet. You'd be surprised at the number of enquiries you still get at stupid prices 8O

Now it's basically time for me to clear the stables and get serious.

I'd consider a trade for a dual cab ute of similar vintage... with offset of cash dependant on what I thought was worth more ;)

I'm negotiable... somewhat... but as some have found out I will NOT remove the stereo to lower the price. God, removing the install would leave practically nothing in the interior of the boot :P I don't think anyone is going to want to deal with that!

Carsales advert is here: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... ?R=7572480

(yes I wrote 5 spokes instead of 6) :oops:

Anyway shoot me a message if you want to cruise round and have a look - serious buyers only please. Contact via PM. Somewhat neg. (1 set of mags over another/both? etc). Getting quite a few enq' a week now so hopefully she wont be around for more then a few weeks.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Good luck with the sale from here Boarsai, I hope it goes to a good home.

For those that don't know this is one of the few FTO's in the country that has featured in a magazine (Hot 4's no.120).
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

why weren't u selling when i was in the market haha :roll:

good luck with the sale (:
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

good luck mate wish i had the cash to get it aye
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

A few low offers but no one serious yet :(

I hate when someone says they'll come look... and never turn up - not even bothering to call to let me know.

I hate selling vehicles :P

Make a (realistic) offer :P
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Know what ya mean mate and trust me if I had the money I'd have a courier there tomorrow to pick it up but all I have to swap are my skills as a website designer mate so yeah unless u need a website Im sorry I can't help
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol, Boarsai did half of this website. Get a loan dude.
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

Been there tried and denied
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

PRICE DROP: 12k (ONO) - 12k is with current rims on the car not the 5 spokers... tiring of tyre kickers. Still unwilling to remove the stereo.

hahaha half the website? Slight exaggeration there bennoz :D Never did finish that style sheet... maybe I'll do that one day. :roll:

edit: spelling ;)
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

"GA12 Engine" carsales add

:lol:

good luck with the sale, it was always a trendsetter
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

holy sh*t i just realised this is the car on carsales i was looking at, im trying to sought something out with a client of mine who have agreed to by me a car and i sent them the carsales add for this. so yeah, i actually sent a enquiry asking for pics of interior so please if you have them please post or email me pics of interior cause if they agree to it i wuold be interested in getting it. Though id have to sought out transport costs to get it to WA some how...
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Sorry mate, got about 5 emails I haven't replied to about the interior pics... will get around to it shortly for you ;) I was going to add them to the carsales advert tonight... as carsales just gave me more upload slots for photos on the advert.

J, is that wrong? I'm not a car person, in any shape or form. I drive it... and get it serviced regularly... make sure the oil/water/etc is checked... that's about the extent of my interest in the engine - making sure it's running well ;) I bought it for the stereo ;) Was great for cruising the highway to work (about a 1 hour 15min trip).

Never really been interested in performance - not quite a sunday driver ... but yeah.
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

ah cool mate, lol just got your email from carsales :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

boarsai wrote:Sorry mate, got about 5 emails I haven't replied to about the interior pics... will get around to it shortly for you ;) I was going to add them to the carsales advert tonight... as carsales just gave me more upload slots for photos on the advert.

J, is that wrong? I'm not a car person, in any shape or form. I drive it... and get it serviced regularly... make sure the oil/water/etc is checked... that's about the extent of my interest in the engine - making sure it's running well ;) I bought it for the stereo ;) Was great for cruising the highway to work (about a 1 hour 15min trip).

Never really been interested in performance - not quite a sunday driver ... but yeah.
its a 6A12, no biggy mate.

what is the other front bar you mentioned?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

rofl... I missed the website bit from ashby :D

Now I understand what you were refering to Bennoz... less beer for me? More sleep. :twisted:

Edit: Argh 6/G... haha I'm just blind :roll:

It's just a stocko bar - good for someone who'd want to chop and wack on the ducarto lip or whatever it's called. Doesn't come with a frame though.
Ashby

Post by Ashby »

hahahaha tis one of those days. :)
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Anyone have a scanned copy of the fast fours article that they can send me by any chance? :twisted:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

boarsai wrote:Anyone have a scanned copy of the fast fours article that they can send me by any chance? :twisted:
I'll look into it ;)

[edit]

Can't seem to find it, I'll have another hunt tomorrow.

[/edit]
LED ALL the things.
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Buyers getting deposit... assuming they come back... this is sold.