Is this one better

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Is this one better

Post by dstocks »

After the comments that the vent I chucked up a couple of weeks ago was too small, I decided id have a bit of a play. Good news is that these are realtively easy to make.....

Would appreciate comments....

Have worked this up on another buggered panel atm on one of the wrecks.

The hole...

The template...

The template fitted...

The metal version...
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Tippin
    Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

yep that looks mad, good job! :D
    vipfto
    Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

still hot mate but think i prefersmaller one but thats just me :roll:
    FTO GR-TURBO
    172KW ATW @ 11PSI
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

That is exactly what I wanted to do ... I'll take 2 thanks ... in black ... Hehehehe
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

that looks awesome bro :D
    who needs carmate now lol
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

That is exactly what I wanted to do ... I'll take 2 thanks ... in black
    Seriously, I can make these relatively easily and provide a template on exactly where (and what shape) the hole has to be cut in your panels. If you do want a set, I can probably put a set together for you. At this stage it would be up to you to get them welded in and painted, but the wife has just finished a mig welding course, so I may even be able to get that bit done given time.

Have also decided im going to move the outside of the vent all the way to the drivers door (its about 3 cm away at the moment). This way, there wont be a vertical join in the panel (itll be right on the edge of the panel). I think this will look better when painted.

Have also been thinking about how easy it would be to relocate the indicator into the centre of the vent (like the holdens currently have). Not sure about that one.

Going to look at rear vents as well (behind the door in the rear quarter panel)
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      aza013
      NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

as talked about I like :twisted:
      will take some as well :lol:
      I will be down that way soon any way to drop off your goodies.
      Last edited by aza013 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Pomwa
      Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

Looks good mate! Well done on the effort and well done to the wife for the welding course :)
      If you can't be good, be good at it!!
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

dstocks wrote:
      That is exactly what I wanted to do ... I'll take 2 thanks ... in black
      Seriously, I can make these relatively easily and provide a template on exactly where (and what shape) the hole has to be cut in your panels. If you do want a set, I can probably put a set together for you. At this stage it would be up to you to get them welded in and painted, but the wife has just finished a mig welding course, so I may even be able to get that bit done given time.

Have also decided im going to move the outside of the vent all the way to the drivers door (its about 3 cm away at the moment). This way, there wont be a vertical join in the panel (itll be right on the edge of the panel). I think this will look better when painted.

Have also been thinking about how easy it would be to relocate the indicator into the centre of the vent (like the holdens currently have). Not sure about that one.

Going to look at rear vents as well (behind the door in the rear quarter panel)
      I like the way you think ... would love to see how it turns out if you extend the vent and put the indicator in it .... I am in no hurry, so yeah, if your wife is learning I am happy to wait ... Gives me time to save for it ... If you have spare fenders around, we could do it like an exchange ... If you are interested...
      Tippin
      Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

i'd also be interested i think it looks awesome, are they legal? (just checking)
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Should be ... As long as they have the indicator, and it omits a orange glow ... It should be fine ... I think the indicator needs to be seen from a certain angle, but by the looks of the design, it would be ok ...

Dstocks, do you think you can make up an indicator to sit flush in the stock FTO lights ...
      harry90
      Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

I would love to buy a set of these...just to make sure, will they be the entire panel ?, and will the metal mesh thing come with ? ;)
      [url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
      poahfto
      Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

nicee dstocks!

would definately be interested in a pair.

especially if you end up doing the indicator (holden style lol).