Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

barfy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Service ?

Post by barfy »

Hi Guys and girls,

Im about to purchase a FTO and was just wondering where you take your cars to get serviced ? I live around the Modbury area, so if anyone can fill me in on a place that knows abit about FTO's that would help.

Thanks Barfy
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Havent serviced mine yet. Still looking around for a decent place to go. You could probably do most of the servicing yourself - fluid and filter changes at least.

Hella bizarre we all live up Modbury way...
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Ive called up a few places and have found that main north mitsubishi seems to be the best place, the one closest to us on north east road thought a fto was a truck so dont be going there in a hurry ! 8O
luke

Post by luke »

I've had bad experiences with mit dealers. Sent my in to get the tappets adjusted and they charged me $200 just to look at it and tell me that they don't have the right tools.

they are tools.
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

cant say ive had a bad experience with the guys at north east mitsubishi. i ordered some OE parts from them no problems. i cannot vouch for their quality of service though.

i have done the basic servicing on my fto so far. but soon i will probably get some tuning done. not sure where i will go yet???
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

I must have got one of those tools on the phone when i ask if he serviced FTO and he thought it was a truck..... Ill be taking mine to one of them not sure which one, ill keep you guys posted.
D4Z_FTO

Post by D4Z_FTO »

Any of you guys done your own oil change so far? I went to do one on my car and couldnt locate the oil filter - ideas?

Daz
(aka Daz_FTO - that accoutn wont work for me anymore)
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

D4Z_FTO wrote:Any of you guys done your own oil change so far? I went to do one on my car and couldnt locate the oil filter - ideas?
firstly, stop looking in the boot :roll: :lol:

its pokes out the at front of the engine towards the bottom. get the car on some jack stands and get you head under there. its not hard to spot. if you already have a replacement filter then you know what to look for. im pretty sure you can even see it when you are looking down from the top too.
D4Z_FTO

Post by D4Z_FTO »

ahh the engine end of the car.... boot, jeez what was i thinking!! 8O

Cheers - where i had the car parked i couldnt see it - i was looking down from the top. I've changed plenty on old commodores/gemmi's etc....

I need stands... stat!
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

Hey you can always try all your trusty performance centres........

Try calling Ivan from RPM
26 Deloraine Rd
Edwardstown SA 5039
Tel: 08 82772266

or if you dont feel your baby really needs to go that far to a performance shop then I got a guy, I take my car too. Trusty guy no rip offs no paying for anythign he dont really do.

Try Nick Golden Grove Motors I think its called. Its just by the plaza.

Just off Old Golden Grove Road Near that pool shop haha.

he's very good and he can get parts with little notice he will hunt down whatever you need. And if you request before making any decisions will phone you and ask you if you want genuine mitsubishi part for whatevers gone wrong or if you wanna leave it or give you other brands or aftermarket prices. Lets you some it all up. Old fashioned style servicing something makes you feel good about knowing you can trust where you are taking you car.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Hey exc,

So have u got your licence back yet ?? if not how long ?? I sooo want to see your car ! My interior would look killer in your car !
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

yo if you wanna catch up this weekend
i can, my car is going offroad after this weekend as of tuesday its offroad aint even gonna be at my place dude
i pmed you with my mobile number call me if you wanna meet up

byt he way you going to twice as nice this friday?