Boost Gauges

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

What Gauge should i get

Brand new $200+ white face looks smicko and lights up green
82%
El cheapo $50 obviously wont look any where near as good
18%

Total votes: 11

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Boost Gauges

Post by I8A4RE »

I am unsure on what gauge to go for, whether mechanical or electric, cheap and nasty for now or just buy the one i want to end up with, which i think is over $200.

Whats peoples thoughts suggestions?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Good quality dude, rest of your car seems to have been done pretty mint so keep up the good work.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah yet thats what i was thinking too.

Just got the quote back $330 8O.

If any one can find me a NV series 52mm electronic boost gauge for cheaper i would love you long time
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey simon i just bought a drift psi boost gauge for 150 man black vision 1
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

electrical or mechanical?

Heres the babies i want

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/aut7300.htm

just so goddam exxxie *curse you aussie dollar* shakes fist profusely
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

their is a silicon pipe that comes with it so i am guessing it is mechanical but looks sweet as
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

what type of boost controller are you going to run.

I would just get an AVCR an be done with it.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

khunjeng wrote:what type of boost controller are you going to run.

I would just get an AVCR an be done with it.
The AVC-R is not a bad Idea... I had the AVC-R and use to have the Speed, Boost, and RPM on it ... Just don't use the setting where it tries to make a CGI gauge...

I also had the Apexi Mech Boost Gauge ... Was a great unit too, and was white faced... So it went well with the White face gauges I had in the car ... EL ones ...

I mounted the AVC-R in the A/C vent, then upgraded it to a black one, so when the car was off, you could not see it ...

I then got the Apexi electronic oil gauge to match ... But the colour was slightly different, so I didn't want to put it next to the other gauge... As you can see I found a nice place to hide it instead ...

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

oodLes wrote:Good quality dude, rest of your car seems to have been done pretty mint so keep up the good work.
+1 dont go cheap on it now simon otherwise just throwing money away

I reckon the DEFI or maybe Greddy electrical are v good
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah I run an AVCR in my R33...here is a rather old pic but it still in that position

I display Boost and Speed usually on the 2 display settings...it also stores you max of each on the display for easy refernce...I like the unit a lot and customise boost at RPM for lanuches...you can also have two settings for high and low pre-set.

I run Defi Oil Pressure and Temp in the pillar, Defi are quite nice...but expensive.

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, I had mine sitting like that... But got sick of it being all hung out ... So went for the slim line ...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

rock_it wrote:Yeah, I had mine sitting like that... But got sick of it being all hung out ... So went for the slim line ...
that height is perfect for me when driving, dont need ot look hard and can get a good view so i left it...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'd say go with the one you ultimately think you'll end up with to save double handling issue. Old adage of doing it right the first time etc......
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I would say quality over anything, but i wouldnt think that it would matter too much as its not required for running the fto, rather providing you with psi readouts. Maybe a cheap one will do but if you havve the money then go for a good one.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

koolio1234 wrote: but i wouldnt think that it would matter too much as its not required for running the fto, rather providing you with psi readouts.
What? You do realise i have turbo in my fto?
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I8A4RE wrote:
koolio1234 wrote: but i wouldnt think that it would matter too much as its not required for running the fto, rather providing you with psi readouts.
What? You do realise i have turbo in my fto?
Im aware of your turbo setup and reckon you could get by with a cheaper boost gauge, but go for a quality one if you've got the $$ to spend
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]